The Student Room Group

english language paper 1 tomorrow

help! anyone got any advice on how to not fail language paper one tomorrow, i got a grade two in the mock and i'm really nervous. i need help with how to see what the texts mean and what they are trying to show. i struggle to interpret the texts properly. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Question 1: Language analysis. In each paragraph 2 quotes with 2 zooms and 2 inferences (1 inference and zoom per quote)
Do this TWICE

Question 2: You're looking for a change in tone. NO analysis of techniques you're looking for connotations. 3 PARAGRAPHS
Para 1: At first the write deliberately establishes a focus on...
Para 2: Next to the writer deliberately shifts the focus to...
The writer does this too...
Para 3: Finally the writer ends the extract by...

I would say learn ^ these sentence starters, e,g starts calm then animal disrupts peace then finally it is killed writer ends extract peacefully

Question 4: I would say ALWAYS agree the examiners only put statements with evidence in the text.
3 PARAGRAPHS each paragraph has 2-3 quotes.
Per quote, you want a zoom an inference and a stretch inference.

Question 5 either do DROP, ZOOM, FLASH, ECHO.
Drop: describe the scene what is it like?
Zoom: Describe one particular thing, it could be a person, a shop anything
Flash: Go back in time with this particular thing e.g a shop before it was opened and the calmness
Echo: Come back into the present change of tone perhaps they are happy now? Grateful?
Reply 2
I would recommend watching Mr. Bruff's videos if you haven't already! Good luck, I'm sure it'll be fine!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMhQIX9DCcQ&list=PLqGFsWf-P-cAlttmXkEvJXCxqT-ZzFqAN

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending