The Student Room Group

Funding for professional development programme.

Hello,
I am about to complete a BA hons in performing Ballet which I have self funded as no student finance was available.
I have been offered a place on a pre-professional development programme with a ballet company. This programme is not validated to offer accreditation, however i will receive a course certificate. The course is hoping to receive validation with a university but this will be in the future.
I will be living away from home, participating in the course full time so I will need to cover the cost of the course and living expenses.
Are there any loans available to me?
I am 19 years old
Original post by SairaC
Hello,
I am about to complete a BA hons in performing Ballet which I have self funded as no student finance was available.
I have been offered a place on a pre-professional development programme with a ballet company. This programme is not validated to offer accreditation, however i will receive a course certificate. The course is hoping to receive validation with a university but this will be in the future.
I will be living away from home, participating in the course full time so I will need to cover the cost of the course and living expenses.
Are there any loans available to me?
I am 19 years old

Hi,

What qualification will you receive from this course? Can you also please confirm the name of the course and the education provider you will study this with?

Regards, Duncan
Reply 2
Hello, the course is with Ballet Cymru, it’s a pre professional development programme. The course states a certificate is received upon completion but it is not yet affiliated for accreditation which hopefully may happen next year but not for this year. It will be equivalent to a masters when accreditation happens.

Original post by Duncan SFE
Hi,

What qualification will you receive from this course? Can you also please confirm the name of the course and the education provider you will study this with?

Regards, Duncan
Original post by SairaC
Hello, the course is with Ballet Cymru, it’s a pre professional development programme. The course states a certificate is received upon completion but it is not yet affiliated for accreditation which hopefully may happen next year but not for this year. It will be equivalent to a masters when accreditation happens.

Hi Saira,

Based on what you've said and on what information is available on Ballet Cymru's website it doesn't look like a course that will attract funding from us. You may want to ask them about possible funding opportunities.

Regards,
Stuart
Reply 4
Thanks for looking into this.
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi Saira,

Based on what you've said and on what information is available on Ballet Cymru's website it doesn't look like a course that will attract funding from us. You may want to ask them about possible funding opportunities.

Regards,
Stuart
Original post by SairaC
Thanks for looking into this.

No worries at all, let us know if you need anything else :smile:

Regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending