?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
^^
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Girls. Boys have pressure to earn more money.
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
probably women,
us men have more pressures career wise imo
A12lolo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Females
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Well, men do have a higher rate of suicide.

But women have to wear makeup, so undoubtedly they have more societal pressure and I feel real sorry for them.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Women. I feel like the pressure for men is the misconception that it's not okay to show emotion, or hurt.
amorfattie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
girls. i would say boys do have pressure however the overwhelming use of headless women with fine ass legs on movie posters and magazine covers which are either scantily clad women or men in fancy suits shows that in media there is more of a focus on women’s bodies- especially with famous people posting about ‘flat tummy co’ for women every other day. of course that isnt to say that men do not have pressure to look a certain way, but i think there is more focus on what women should look like naked.
username4340172
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
As a guy I would say girls do have more pressure but that doesn't mean guys have 0 pressure as we do have a lot too!
Adedayo2003
Rep:
?
ye true. I do think they're quite similar tho. As a guy might say 'I won't date a girl who doesn't have a big a*s', a girl would say 'I won't date a guy without a six-pack'. TBH girls do have a lot of social pressure but at the same time, there are plus size models - female. No plus-sized male models. I definitely think the pressure will shift more towards the male side in the future.
Also if a girl's a bit overweight- its fine bc she's thicc or curvy. You don't get curvy men
Another point is that if a female doesn't have particularly good skin, they can wear makeup to cover it. Men, however, are not as comfortable wearing makeup
BTW I'm saying this as a girl.
Last edited by Adedayo2003; 4 months ago
tamil fever
Badges: 18
Report 4 months ago
Females but males also have pressure as well.
tsunderhi_
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Dayo03)
ye true. I do think they're quite similar tho. As a guy might say 'I won't date a girl who doesn't have a big a*s', a girl would say 'I won't date a guy without a six-pack'. TBH girls do have a lot of social pressure but at the same time, there are plus size models - female. No plus-sized male models. I definitely think the pressure will shift more towards the male side in the future.
BTW I'm saying this as a girl.
Agreed, theres now a lot of feminist movements, plus-size movements etc however, I haven’t seen anything commending the unconventional male physique. Pressures for men are so overlooked, I could think of at least 10 things. Definitely see the pressures for men rising in the near future
ChrisW99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Guys. You have to spend half your life in the gym to get the body women go crazy for. Guys just want a girl in reasonable shape and some of course even like fatter girls.
Justbeingmyself
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Girls, guys have more pressure to not show emotion and make lots of money.
Petrol_Head-94
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Both end up with high blood pressure ._.
Adedayo2003
Rep:
?
I agree completely
(Original post by ChrisW99)
Guys. You have to spend half your life in the gym to get the body women go crazy for. Guys just want a girl in reasonable shape and some of course even like fatter girls.
Adedayo2003
Rep:
?
Yeh its true
(Original post by RhiaHargx)
Agreed, theres now a lot of feminist movements, plus-size movements etc however, I haven’t seen anything commending the unconventional male physique. Pressures for men are so overlooked, I could think of at least 10 things. Definitely see the pressures for men rising in the near future
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Women. Pcos has made me acutely aware of this. Am not attractive to anyone due to the fact weight sticks to me like a magnet and have enough body hair to fur a yeti. Men can be hairy and overweight and are just called bears, cuddly etc
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Women. Pcos has made me acutely aware of this. Am not attractive to anyone due to the fact weight sticks to me like a magnet and have enough body hair to fur a yeti. Men can be hairy and overweight and are just called bears, cuddly etc
'Scary' is what I usually get from t3h wimminz
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
we have our own pressures. but. people dont really care about men's bodies unless we're in a role or industry where it needs to be good. if a woman walks in not with the best body to an interview or school or date or party, she will get rejected more so than a male. idk why. idc why. just saying. i would like to know why though. might have to do with men being in power and wanting a good looking woman around, and women being in power and being catty and devious and picking on other women.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
Women.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads