The Student Room Group

would you date a muslim girl?

so I am Muslim and I been a really close friend with a white guy we always talk and share all our stories and he just was my bff and honestly I had a secret feelings towards him but I kept it cuz I didn't want to ruin my relationship with him till that day...we were having a really nice conversation about the relationship and he pause a bit and then said ''oh I wish if I can just be your boyfriend but being with muslim girl in relationship that would be insane'' he said it in jokey way and I laughed so I don't make the situation weird. however, I took it really deeply inside and it's hearted me so badly I mean I never thought he would think of me in this way I was having small hope for us.
Anyway it came to my mind to ask you guys do you really mind? if yes or no please share with us your reasons.
I'm a girl, but I don't think you have to see this in a completely negative light. First off, he admitted to liking you - he wants to be your boyfriend but feels like religion is splitting you two apart. I'm not very knowledgeable about what Muslims believe (shamefully so) but why can't you express your feelings to him, explain why you being Muslim wouldn't be a problem? I have friends who date Muslim girls - it's nothing to be ashamed of! :smile:
You haram child don't get into a relationship with him in the month of ramadan as well astagfirullah
Original post by anonymous
so i am muslim and i been a really close friend with a white guy we always talk and share all our stories and he just was my bff and honestly i had a secret feelings towards him but i kept it cuz i didn't want to ruin my relationship with him till that day...we were having a really nice conversation about the relationship and he pause a bit and then said ''oh i wish if i can just be your boyfriend but being with muslim girl in relationship that would be insane'' he said it in jokey way and i laughed so i don't make the situation weird. However, i took it really deeply inside and it's hearted me so badly i mean i never thought he would think of me in this way i was having small hope for us.
Anyway it came to my mind to ask you guys do you really mind? If yes or no please share with us your reasons.
Reply 3
i guess you right, I actually thinking seriously to talk to him about this after ur advice thx

Original post by yzanne
I'm a girl, but I don't think you have to see this in a completely negative light. First off, he admitted to liking you - he wants to be your boyfriend but feels like religion is splitting you two apart. I'm not very knowledgeable about what Muslims believe (shamefully so) but why can't you express your feelings to him, explain why you being Muslim wouldn't be a problem? I have friends who date Muslim girls - it's nothing to be ashamed of! :smile:
Reply 4
You could date a muslim girl of course. But it can get complicated because of religious views but if she is open minded and maybe looking for a love marriage then maybe it will work. If she is really into what her family and culture says she can or cannot do then things will get too complicated and in that case just stay nice but date someone else!
HELL NO
Wow that is really strange to be honest. I have never met a Muslim girl who I found particularly attractive, but if I did then her religion wouldn't be something that directly put me off. You really ought to ask him why he said that and what he really feels.
Reply 7
I would choose not to date a Muslim girl. The conservative ones always have their families breathing down their necks and want to keep everything secret even from their close friends and trusted ones. They’re paranoid about everything and obsess over the smallest things somehow leading to their parents finding out. Because of that, they have no idea how to date and they aren’t much fun to be around.

Girls from more liberal families (and I mean the whole family, including parents and siblings) are more my type. However, because they’re so liberal with their views these girls tend to reject their own culture and go for white guys more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending