Edexcel A Level Chemistry 2019 Paper 1 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Watch
prayformepls
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Making This in Advance of the Exam. Any Answers you remember, or want to compare submit it below.
jp.lk12
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What did everyone write for the carbon dioxide buffer question?
jp.lk12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did everyone feel about that paper? Thought it was okay, not great but could have been a lot worse too.

What did everyone write for the carbon dioxide buffer question?
dontrevise
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Paper wasnt too bad but wasnt amazing either, for the co2 increase in the body i didnt get the whole jist but noted all of this down, h2co3 = co2 + h2o
Increase in h2co3 then applied to the buffer equation above, increase therefore further dissociation, of the h2co3 to hco3- and h+. hco3- is removed via the kidneys and thats about as far as i developed it
dontrevise
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know for sure u wont get many responses since this is the less popular exam board for chemistry so if anyone wants to talk about the exam feel free to pm
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dontrevise)
I know for sure u wont get many responses since this is the less popular exam board for chemistry so if anyone wants to talk about the exam feel free to pm
No people are interested it just takes a little while to build up, stay patient, people will come

How did you find it today?
Fluffer_656
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought it was a weird paper. Some really easy bits but again some tricky parts. For the H2C03 dissociation I talked about the c02 reacting with HCo2 minus to form further H2C03? Which shifted equilibrium to the left. This caused H2C03 to dissociate further to release C02 and H2O more readily to remove co2 that is toxic in the blood? I'm not sure. I think that might be wrong lol.
ToniADEsewa18
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What did people get for kp ..? Because i got a large number
jp.lk12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fluffer_656)
I thought it was a weird paper. Some really easy bits but again some tricky parts. For the H2C03 dissociation I talked about the c02 reacting with HCo2 minus to form further H2C03? Which shifted equilibrium to the left. This caused H2C03 to dissociate further to release C02 and H2O more readily to remove co2 that is toxic in the blood? I'm not sure. I think that might be wrong lol.
I think I put it the opposite way around, I think I’m wrong so you’re probably right. And I agree a lot of the questions were quite weird.
prayformepls
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Personally it was very bipolar. They were understandable questions, which I knew the answers to, but i think exam technique was a floor. Things with the Potassium Bromide, The Hot NaOH, like i knew it previously in revision, but didnt do so well today. Damn it. Well done guys, lets focus on the next exams! Message me in PM if you want to compare answers privately, or just post here.
TomasD
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Like 647000 or something I cant remember how the numbers went but like 650000 somewhere there then atm-1
(Original post by ToniADEsewa18)
What did people get for kp ..? Because i got a large number
TomasD
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
2nd question on the paper ... about ppt not all redissolving, whats the answer anyone?
ToniADEsewa18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got a similar answer phewww . Thank you
(Original post by TomasD)
Like 647000 or something I cant remember how the numbers went but like 650000 somewhere there then atm-1
TomasD
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And for mass of sodium ethanoate, 0.432 g (or something alone these lines)?
maryamakbar
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
cl ppt dissolves in dilute ammonia but br doesn’t,, br ppt dissolves in conc ammonia i think!
2nd question on the paper ... about ppt not all redissolving, whats the answer anyone?
Last edited by maryamakbar; 2 years ago
jp.lk12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The KBr was in excess, so there would still have been Br- ions remaining even after all the Chlorine has displaced bromide ions. Silver bromide doesn’t redissolve in dilute ammonia but silver chloride does. Silver bromide was the remaining precipitate
ToniADEsewa18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got 0.45g
jp.lk12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think I got that
Munrhe
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What was the answer to mg 1018 or 2000 sth?
TomasD
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I put the -2000 one... I am not really sure though
(Original post by Munrhe)
What was the answer to mg 1018 or 2000 sth?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (82)
26.11%
England (108)
34.39%
Belgium (27)
8.6%
Germany (37)
11.78%
Spain (5)
1.59%