The Student Room Group

AQA A-LEVEL BIOLOGY ???-Where you at?

Hi peeps,
I'm studying for AQA A-level Bio ( privately re-taking) and I wanted to get an idea of where you students who are working towards and know you are likely to get A*s are at in terms of what you're doing now. How strong your knowledge of AS and A2 content is, how you're tackling weird practical questions. Also, I'm really struggling with the maths because the mark schemes have zero information on how the answer is worked out. I got a B in Maths GCSE and have looked at vids online but they aren't really that useful, really worried about that part.
Hi! You might find a better answer in the Biology forum, but while i'm here...

I totally understand your struggles with the maths, I'm similar. However, to combat it I looked the specification and what they expect us to know then made an A3 cheat sheet of all the equations and whatnot.
My knowledge is pretty strong at the moment, A2 is much more fact recall so i'll need to look at the content closer to the exam. For now i'm just completing AS and A level 1 past papers.
I'm aiming for an A* overall simply because the grade boundaries are usually quite low (AQA)
The best thing to do with the maths is just give it a go and consult with peers.
Original post by samra_sahadh
Hi peeps,
I'm studying for AQA A-level Bio ( privately re-taking) and I wanted to get an idea of where you students who are working towards and know you are likely to get A*s are at in terms of what you're doing now. How strong your knowledge of AS and A2 content is, how you're tackling weird practical questions. Also, I'm really struggling with the maths because the mark schemes have zero information on how the answer is worked out. I got a B in Maths GCSE and have looked at vids online but they aren't really that useful, really worried about that part.
67CEB173-C35F-448F-A071-993AF5A66045.jpg.jpeg
Original post by tsunderhi_
Hi! You might find a better answer in the Biology forum, but while i'm here...

I totally understand your struggles with the maths, I'm similar. However, to combat it I looked the specification and what they expect us to know then made an A3 cheat sheet of all the equations and whatnot.
My knowledge is pretty strong at the moment, A2 is much more fact recall so i'll need to look at the content closer to the exam. For now i'm just completing AS and A level 1 past papers.
I'm aiming for an A* overall simply because the grade boundaries are usually quite low (AQA)
The best thing to do with the maths is just give it a go and consult with peers.

Thank You. Did you make you own notes to learn content or did you use made ones?
Does anybody have the 2019 AS Papers ?
Those look awesome also, I've made one for all the statistics/ equation based information needed for the exam. I twas more applications based maths I struggle with like ones in which 2 or three different maths methods are combined I become really confused.
67CEB173-C35F-448F-A071-993AF5A66045.jpg.jpeg
Thank You. Did you make you own notes to learn content or did you use made ones?

I wrote them in lesson but ended up using online ones xx
Those look awesome also, I've made one for all the statistics/ equation based information needed for the exam. I twas more applications based maths I struggle with like ones in which 2 or three different maths methods are combined I become really confused.

Ugh yeah, totes understand. I’m not even sure what to suggest 😂. Good luck though x
I wrote them in lesson but ended up using online ones xx

Which online ones did you use ?xx
and thank you, you too xx
Ugh yeah, totes understand. I’m not even sure what to suggest 😂. Good luck though x
:h:. I used physics and maths tutor notes but I edited them every lesson because they missed some spec points x
and thank you, you too xx
Oooh I used the booklets posted on TSR and added to what was missed out.
:h:. I used physics and maths tutor notes but I edited them every lesson because they missed some spec points x
Oooh I used the booklets posted on TSR and added to what was missed out.

Yeahh a lot of people at my school did the samee :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending