AQA A-level RS Paper 2B - Christianity & Dialogues - 11/6/19

Watch
Gwil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
It's time to get revising for this paper, so here's somewhere to brainstorm ideas, predictions and revision techniques
Gwil
Rep:
?
I desperately need to do well on this paper since I don't think the last one went particularly well for me. There's so much to revise, though!

As for predictions, the "Good Conduct and Key Moral Principles" topic is quite meaty, so likely to feature, as is Christianity and science. I can't see gender/sexuality coming up again, but you never know. The ethics dialogue question is quite likely to be on situation ethics, or maybe a specific issue such as the environment.
Gwil
Rep:
?
Does anyone have any content / scriptural evidence for "bringing about God's kingdom on Earth" as a purpose for life? I've just realised I've got pretty much no notes for it.
username4515420
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello hello , I have returned too summon my predictions lmao , well im with islam so I cant predict Christianity however I can predict dialogues so for philosophy dialogues I reckon its gonna involve the three arguments and also a choice between this and rel language or miracles/religious experiences
as for ethics I do think its gonna be nml or situation these are very obvious and will defo have a big part imo and also free will and moral responsibility the choice between either or good luck all , lemme know if you need anything
(Original post by Gwil)
Does anyone have any content / scriptural evidence for "bringing about God's kingdom on Earth" as a purpose for life? I've just realised I've got pretty much no notes for it.
Abbieingham
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gwil)
Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 23.33.09.png
Views: 277
Size:  158.1 KBThese are my notes on the topic, hope they are useful!
Gwil
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidLad78)
Hello hello , I have returned too summon my predictions lmao , well im with islam so I cant predict Christianity however I can predict dialogues so for philosophy dialogues I reckon its gonna involve the three arguments and also a choice between this and rel language or miracles/religious experiences
as for ethics I do think its gonna be nml or situation these are very obvious and will defo have a big part imo and also free will and moral responsibility the choice between either or good luck all , lemme know if you need anything
Good predictions! I agree that the three arguments are likely - perhaps a Dialogue question comparing the design and/or cosmological argument to issues of creationism/evolution, the "fine-tuning" argument, etc. Miracles and religious experience are a bit less likely since they came up in Paper 1.

(Original post by Abbieingham)
Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 23.33.09.png
Views: 277
Size:  158.1 KBThese are my notes on the topic, hope they are useful!
Thank you so much, that's so helpful! Very detailed, and the biblical context of this view is particularly useful.
christiansallas
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Found this ‘predicted paper’ for Christianity on a previous thread what do you guys think?
Attached files
Gwil
Rep:
?
(Original post by christiansallas)
Found this ‘predicted paper’ for Christianity on a previous thread what do you guys think?
That's a really convincing paper! Of course we can't know what's going to come up, but I think all of those questions are very plausible. I'm going to have a go at some of those questions, actually, for practice
NanaA23432
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi everyone, for this paper does anyone have any tips for learning the second year topics?.I need to find a way to help me remember the content.
Gwil
Rep:
?
(Original post by NanaA23432)
Hi everyone, for this paper does anyone have any tips for learning the second year topics?.I need to find a way to help me remember the content.
I don't know what revision technique works best for you, but I would advise getting someone to test you, making you reformulate the material in as much detail as possible. I.e. "What is the opinion of Rosemary Ruether on Christian feminism? Do you agree?" etc. Also, stick quotes and scripture up around your room, do practice questions, and quiz yourself on the spec. Good luck!
NanaA23432
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok thank you .Yesterday I went through the second year content so today I will go through first year and do some active recall/self quizzing.
(Original post by Gwil)
I don't know what revision technique works best for you, but I would advise getting someone to test you, making you reformulate the material in as much detail as possible. I.e. "What is the opinion of Rosemary Ruether on Christian feminism? Do you agree?" etc. Also, stick quotes and scripture up around your room, do practice questions, and quiz yourself on the spec. Good luck!
Gwil
Rep:
?
Does anyone know if it's important to put the chapter and verse numbers when we quote scripture in the exam?
Gwil
Rep:
?
Also, does anyone know of any differing interpreations of 1 Corinthians 8:6? Thank you
Gwil
Rep:
?
How is everyone feeling about today's exam? I was really not expecting secularisation to come up, so that threw me a bit. The other questions were OK, but overall I hope the grade boundaries will be low!
NanaA23432
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
same.. i legit want to cry.
(Original post by Gwil)
How is everyone feeling about today's exam? I was really not expecting secularisation to come up, so that threw me a bit. The other questions were OK, but overall I hope the grade boundaries will be low!
Gwil
Rep:
?
same.. i legit want to cry.
Aw, I sympathise with that. But I guess it's normal to feel a bit low after such an intensive, demanding exam so perhaps the best thing to do now is to forget about it and try not to think about Results Day.
NanaA23432
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
true...
I messed up the secularization questions. :bawling: well I hope the examiners see that I tried.
(Original post by Gwil)
Aw, I sympathise with that. But I guess it's normal to feel a bit low after such an intensive, demanding exam so perhaps the best thing to do now is to forget about it and try not to think about Results Day.
Gwil
Rep:
?
true...
I messed up the secularization questions. :bawling: well I hope the examiners see that I tried.
I second that!
TreyLaShawn00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought that this paper was miles easier than the 1st. The only really hard question was the virtue ethics one
(Original post by Gwil)
I second that!
natalieganbert
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did anyone answer the Christian ethics is character based dialogues question? if so, how did you answer it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
32.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
5.88%
No I am happy with my choice (19)
55.88%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads