Aqa english language Watch

Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For the abandoned story...i wrote about a woman who was suffering from psychological disorders....which caused the desolation ..etc........something like that....is that fine?
SEYI_VICG
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did anyone write about sentence forms ? I talked about how a particular long , overwhelming sentence ( which was over 3 or 4 lines long ) is difficult for readers to fully comprehend at first glance . The complexity of the sentence symbolises the agonising and overwhelming experience within the car. I also talked about the iron simile. I also talked about the car 'sprawling' indicating a lack of a perceived sense of control .
Georgiax71x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, it doesn’t matter what you wrote.
‘Abandoned’ is completely ambiguous for a reason, they want people to be perceptive and contort the question in a way that suits them.
I bet money that the exam boards get completely bizarre story ideas, but when written well, the person still gets a good grade. Your idea seems out of the box and original. That will be refreshing to whoever marks your paper and it should be viewed as perceptive to send you higher up in the mark scheme . As long as you written it well that is.
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
For the abandoned story...i wrote about a woman who was suffering from psychological disorders....which caused the desolation ..etc........something like that....is that fine?
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Georgiax71x)
Yeah, it doesn’t matter what you wrote.
‘Abandoned’ is completely ambiguous for a reason, they want people to be perceptive and contort the question in a way that suits them.
I bet money that the exam boards get completely bizarre story ideas, but when written well, the person still gets a good grade. Your idea seems out of the box and original. That will be refreshing to whoever marks your paper and it should be viewed as perceptive to send you higher up in the mark scheme . As long as you written it well that is.
Thanks! I hope you've smashed it! Just hoping for a 7/8 tbh....but can't wait for GCSE'S to be over....the wait is killing me
AspiringAccount
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Raymond20lee)
How did you find your GCSE ENGLISH EXAM.

What did you think about the source.

WHAT DID YOU DO FOR QUESTION 5 DESCRIPTION OR STORY ON ABANDONED.
It was a shambles, I spent an hour and 10 minutes on writing my story and ended up with Q1, Q5 completed, Q2 somewhat completed, Q4 I had all my ideas but I panicked and ended up putting my weakest one down, f*ck me question 3 was just out of the question at that point. But it's just the way sh*t is. I guess. Personally I think I achieved max 20 marks on that paper which is shambolic.
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AspiringAccount)
It was a shambles, I spent an hour and 10 minutes on writing my story and ended up with Q1, Q5 completed, Q2 somewhat completed, Q4 I had all my ideas but I panicked and ended up putting my weakest one down, f*ck me question 3 was just out of the question at that point. But it's just the way sh*t is. I guess. Personally I think I achieved max 20 marks on that paper which is shambolic.
You have most likely done better than you think...please don't stress bout it(easier said than done)...but as long as you tried your hardest that's all that matters. Good luck for the rest of your exams...focus on them now and I'm sure you'll do great
AspiringAccount
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You have most likely done better than you think...please don't stress bout it(easier said than done)...but as long as you tried your hardest that's all that matters. Good luck for the rest of your exams...focus on them now and I'm sure you'll do great
Thanks. See that's the thing I'm trying to get full marks on my paper 2 but I ain't got a damn clue about how to get to that stage in time?
username4205912
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
no u definitely can mix the two together, as long as it fits with the theme of abandonment too it would be fine
(Original post by sqrt of 5)
um i think it depends. if you're narrative is based on the picture i think it's wrong cuz you can't mix both of them together
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AspiringAccount)
Thanks. See that's the thing I'm trying to get full marks on my paper 2 but I ain't got a damn clue about how to get to that stage in time?
Practice writing a speech, an article, a letter...etc. to get the structure correct.
The rest of the paper...Mr brufff....he's too good...will get you the grade you want
Shelbie111
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was very happy with the exam, i chose the abandoned one for question 5 as i already had a story planned out
sqrt of 5
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ririroo)
no u definitely can mix the two together, as long as it fits with the theme of abandonment too it would be fine
IF it fits with the theme. however, if you used the image for inspiration and the examiner cannot really understand what youre doing youll get the minimum marks. thats what my english teacher (which is an examiner) said
username4205912
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah of course, if u just do a narrative on the market stall without including anything about abandonment your grade would suffer.
IF it fits with the theme. however, if you used the image for inspiration and the examiner cannot really understand what youre doing youll get the minimum marks. thats what my english teacher (which is an examiner) said
sqrt of 5
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ririroo)
yeah of course, if u just do a narrative on the market stall without including anything about abandonment your grade would suffer.
yea thats why mixed the picture and the narrative together is a bad idea
harsimran07
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The exam was horrific.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4205912
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
in general yes, but it can also be done well
yea thats why mixed the picture and the narrative together is a bad idea
PROFNOT
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by unisk)
would it have been ok to say the writer used listing at the beginning to describe a member of his family
I think that would be acceptable! Well done.
PROFNOT
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by unisk)
would it have been ok to say the writer used listing at the beginning to describe a member of his family
PROFNOT
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes of course! Sounds a perfectly acceptable way to craft a narrative.
(Original post by PROFNOT)
lilTrain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
wait wait, will i lose marks for the Q5 for making it the abandonment narrative based on the market picture, where i describe a market and a lost child in it as a narrative? could the idea of "lost" qualify enough to be abandonment??
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PROFNOT
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ok-are you able to share your reasons for describing the exam this way? Perhaps the many students who sat this exam may be able to reassure you that you that you will have performed well?
(Original post by harsimran07)
The exam was horrific.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (195)
14.46%
The paper was reasonable (750)
55.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (302)
22.39%
It was TERRIBLE (102)
7.56%

Watched Threads