Where Can I Drive On Provisional Watch

BCJF2002
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi can anyone help me, I’ve got a provisional license and I’ve just brought my car today and set up insurance as a provisional licence. I know that I have to drive with a someone over 25 with a full license etc etc but does this leave me with any restrictions as to where I am able to drive. Thank you
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Motorways, unless you've got dual controls and one of your mates happens to be a DVSA Instructor.
classic3296
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
When driving you must be accompanied by someone aged over 21 who has held a full driving license for at least 3 years

This person accompanying you must sit in the front passenger seat and be fit to drive. This means they cannot be drunk, asleep or under the influence

You must display “L” plates on the front or back of your vehicle

You can only drive in the motorway in England, Wales and Scotland if you are accompanied by an approved driving instructor and driving a car fitted with dual controls
Last edited by classic3296; 4 months ago
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by BCJF2002)
Hi can anyone help me, I’ve got a provisional license and I’ve just brought my car today and set up insurance as a provisional licence. I know that I have to drive with a someone over 25 with a full license etc etc but does this leave me with any restrictions as to where I am able to drive. Thank you
you can't drive on the motorway
julietlima3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
As others have said, since it's your own car, which presumably won't have dual controls, you won't be allowed on motorways.

To add onto what classic3296 said, the person supervising you also should not be on their phone for any part of the journey, just like if it was them driving.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.31%
They might tell the bully (26)
10%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.15%
It might lead to more bullying (94)
36.15%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.38%

Watched Threads