The Student Room Group

Can somebody please clarify

I'm an non EU international CIE student and was just going through on how to apply to British Universities. The UCAS website says that in the 5 options, I can either apply to 5 different universities or 5 different courses in the same university. But I've seen so many people on TSR say that you can't apply for more than one course in the same university. So can someone please clarify? Also can I be flexible with the choices? Like say can I apply for 2 courses at one university, 2 courses at another and 1 at another?
Original post by ANO-NI-MUS
I'm an non EU international CIE student and was just going through on how to apply to British Universities. The UCAS website says that in the 5 options, I can either apply to 5 different universities or 5 different courses in the same university. But I've seen so many people on TSR say that you can't apply for more than one course in the same university. So can someone please clarify? Also can I be flexible with the choices? Like say can I apply for 2 courses at one university, 2 courses at another and 1 at another?

You can apply for more than one course at a university however it isn't advisable as you may come across as being confused about your choices. In addition, you can only have one personal statement which is sent to all universities and all courses so it really needs to be focused on the one course you intend to apply for. It is possible to write a statement which is appropriate for two very closely linked courses, however is not generally recommended.
Original post by ANO-NI-MUS

Hello,

The decision is entirely up to yourself you can apply for 5 different courses at the same university if you wish. Of course you would just have the one personal statement but in some cases it is possible to send a separate personal statement for each course to the admissions team. This may not be possible for your chosen university however so please do check before doing so.

I hope this helps,
Tom :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending