The Student Room Group

I'm so scared of failing!!

ok so i'm really worried about my a-level grades. I got good GCSEs and picked 3 a levels, one of which being Maths. i honestly don't know what possessed me to pick it but i HATE IT SO MUCH and as a result i have not revised enough at all. i have my first maths exam tomorrow and i just started to do a maths paper and i honestly can't answer a single question. My other 2 subjects are good i just think i will get a D or E in Maths and will therefore not be able to get into the university i want. The uni is asking for BBB. i'm so stressed out and have had trouble with my mental health over the past couple of years as well. tbh i just need a bit of advice or something idk i mostly just wanted to vent. i know that it's my fault for neglecting the subject i dislike but it's too late now and idk what to do.
what is your insurance university looking for? start thinking of alternatives, there’s always clearing also

good luck try your best to revise as much as you can before your exam so from now
Welp, i have been in the same situation as you. I just finished my last English lit exam yesterday and i absolutely hated it. The problem is that trying to cram last min is neither healthy for your mind and if you dont understand something now, you most likely wont understand it if it comes up in the exam. My best advice i could give is to just knuckle down, stay off the site and revise as much as you can with the time you have.
Reply 3
Original post by gelle
what is your insurance university looking for? start thinking of alternatives, there’s always clearing also

good luck try your best to revise as much as you can before your exam so from now

My insurance wants BCC
Reply 4
Original post by PlanetFelix
Welp, i have been in the same situation as you. I just finished my last English lit exam yesterday and i absolutely hated it. The problem is that trying to cram last min is neither healthy for your mind and if you dont understand something now, you most likely wont understand it if it comes up in the exam. My best advice i could give is to just knuckle down, stay off the site and revise as much as you can with the time you have.

i had my last english lit yday tooo!! Thanks yeah i'm just gonna do as much as i can rn.
Original post by uggghhhhhhh
ok so i'm really worried about my a-level grades. I got good GCSEs and picked 3 a levels, one of which being Maths. i honestly don't know what possessed me to pick it but i HATE IT SO MUCH and as a result i have not revised enough at all. i have my first maths exam tomorrow and i just started to do a maths paper and i honestly can't answer a single question. My other 2 subjects are good i just think i will get a D or E in Maths and will therefore not be able to get into the university i want. The uni is asking for BBB. i'm so stressed out and have had trouble with my mental health over the past couple of years as well. tbh i just need a bit of advice or something idk i mostly just wanted to vent. i know that it's my fault for neglecting the subject i dislike but it's too late now and idk what to do.

Firstly, what mental health issues? They differ vastly in severity, also do you take extended project? UNIs may let you in with slightly worse grades than you need if you have EPQ, also they may let you in if you get like 2 A stars and a D.

Hope this helped :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by StormyWeather16
Firstly, what mental health issues? They differ vastly in severity, also do you take extended project? UNIs may let you in with slightly worse grades than you need if you have EPQ, also they may let you in if you get like 2 A stars and a D.

Hope this helped :smile:

i suffer from anxiety and depression and have had counselling but decided to stop. my current sixth form know about this and it's also on my ucas application. i don't do EPQ but okay thanks i just hope i get good grades in the other two subjects to get let in
Ah, that's good about the mental health issues, they're curable and in time I'm sure they will go. Just count yourself lucky you don't have something really serious!

Best of luck to you in your other A Levels (honeslty, you haven't even taken the Maths A level test yet, so you never know eh :smile:)
Original post by uggghhhhhhh
i suffer from anxiety and depression and have had counselling but decided to stop. my current sixth form know about this and it's also on my ucas application. i don't do EPQ but okay thanks i just hope i get good grades in the other two subjects to get let in

Quick Reply

Latest