Wjec eduqas english language Watch

MrNado
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Anyone else do Eduqas English Language?? If so, how did you find it?
Harman55555555
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Section B was good with the story choices, however, I had spent too much time on section B, which led me to run out of time in section A
PyroVulpese
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
same couldn't finish 0|5 in time...rip 10 marks but pretty much aced the rest of the paper
(Original post by Harman55555555)
Section B was good with the story choices, however, I had spent too much time on section B, which led me to run out of time in section A
bazzosaurus
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same here. I wrote my story in 50 minutes but ended up with about 8 minutes for the last 10 marker. Not great :/
(Original post by Harman55555555)
EloWeasel7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was so so lucky I changed my story to one I composed the night before; as the titles were to me anyway very vague and seemed a lot more simplified than we had imagined. However for story done in 30 mins and prose was lovely 🤷🏻*♀️
(Original post by MrNado)
Anyone else do Eduqas English Language?? If so, how did you find it?
MrNado
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I found the titles were a bit rubbish, how'd you find paper 2?
(Original post by EloWeasel7)
I was so so lucky I changed my story to one I composed the night before; as the titles were to me anyway very vague and seemed a lot more simplified than we had imagined. However for story done in 30 mins and prose was lovely 🤷🏻*♀️
PyroVulpese
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The review question was basically meant for me, I watch a lot of review-esque stuff so it was easy for me to sort of start criticising and praising something. The letter was fine too... managed to finish both in just under an hour. Section A was awful though the texts were dull I really couldn't make to many good inferences so rip... think I made up for it with my section B though
EloWeasel7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Paper two was nice I think- the prose was nicely comparable and the transactional writing was hard for structuring the review but nice for what you could write specifically, and the letter was a dream. Hbu?
MrNado
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Sorry for the late-ish reply.
But I agree, Paper 2 was definitely quite nice. Review was a bit awkward but loved the letter! I didn't like Question 5 on the texts though, how it specified the DAY the miners were found.
Paper two was nice I think- the prose was nicely comparable and the transactional writing was hard for structuring the review but nice for what you could write specifically, and the letter was a dream. Hbu?
EloWeasel7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Agreed- the day thing threw me off halfway through the question but luckily I had not spoken about time after that. I tried to talk about killing eve in the review haha but I forgot half the actresses names haha
Sorry for the late-ish reply.
But I agree, Paper 2 was definitely quite nice. Review was a bit awkward but loved the letter! I didn't like Question 5 on the texts though, how it specified the DAY the miners were found.
EloWeasel7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Let’s hope we do well then- what you hoping for?
Agreed- the day thing threw me off halfway through the question but luckily I had not spoken about time after that. I tried to talk about killing eve in the review haha but I forgot half the actresses names haha
MrNado
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I went with Harry Potter in the review, thought it would've been straightforward but then realised how much there was to say!
I'm hoping for an 8/9 for this, English is my best subject so I hope I can get that .
How about you??
Let’s hope we do well then- what you hoping for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
15.14%
The paper was reasonable (1113)
55.07%
Not feeling great about that exam... (442)
21.87%
It was TERRIBLE (160)
7.92%

Watched Threads