The Student Room Group

Wjec eduqas english language

Anyone else do Eduqas English Language?? If so, how did you find it?
Section B was good with the story choices, however, I had spent too much time on section B, which led me to run out of time in section A
same couldn't finish 0|5 in time...rip 10 marks but pretty much aced the rest of the paper
Original post by Harman55555555
Section B was good with the story choices, however, I had spent too much time on section B, which led me to run out of time in section A
Same here. I wrote my story in 50 minutes but ended up with about 8 minutes for the last 10 marker. Not great :/
Original post by Harman55555555
I was so so lucky I changed my story to one I composed the night before; as the titles were to me anyway very vague and seemed a lot more simplified than we had imagined. However for story done in 30 mins and prose was lovely 🤷🏻*♀️
Original post by MrNado
Anyone else do Eduqas English Language?? If so, how did you find it?
Reply 5
I found the titles were a bit rubbish, how'd you find paper 2?
Original post by EloWeasel7
I was so so lucky I changed my story to one I composed the night before; as the titles were to me anyway very vague and seemed a lot more simplified than we had imagined. However for story done in 30 mins and prose was lovely 🤷🏻*♀️
The review question was basically meant for me, I watch a lot of review-esque stuff so it was easy for me to sort of start criticising and praising something. The letter was fine too... managed to finish both in just under an hour. Section A was awful though the texts were dull I really couldn't make to many good inferences so rip... think I made up for it with my section B though
Original post by MrNado
Original post by MrNado

Paper two was nice I think- the prose was nicely comparable and the transactional writing was hard for structuring the review but nice for what you could write specifically, and the letter was a dream. Hbu?
Reply 8
Sorry for the late-ish reply.
But I agree, Paper 2 was definitely quite nice. Review was a bit awkward but loved the letter! I didn't like Question 5 on the texts though, how it specified the DAY the miners were found.
Paper two was nice I think- the prose was nicely comparable and the transactional writing was hard for structuring the review but nice for what you could write specifically, and the letter was a dream. Hbu?
Agreed- the day thing threw me off halfway through the question but luckily I had not spoken about time after that. I tried to talk about killing eve in the review haha but I forgot half the actresses names haha :smile:
Original post by MrNado
Sorry for the late-ish reply.
But I agree, Paper 2 was definitely quite nice. Review was a bit awkward but loved the letter! I didn't like Question 5 on the texts though, how it specified the DAY the miners were found.
Let’s hope we do well then- what you hoping for?
Agreed- the day thing threw me off halfway through the question but luckily I had not spoken about time after that. I tried to talk about killing eve in the review haha but I forgot half the actresses names haha :smile:
Reply 11
I went with Harry Potter in the review, thought it would've been straightforward but then realised how much there was to say!
I'm hoping for an 8/9 for this, English is my best subject so I hope I can get that :smile:.
How about you??
Let’s hope we do well then- what you hoping for?
I completely went blank for paper 1. I didn’t manage my time well whatsoever and left myself with 12 minutes to write a short story so I never did a climax and the story that I did write was extremely rushed. I also never finished the 10 mark questions because I got so annoyed with myself at my poor time management. I was very disappointed in myself coming out of that exam knowing that I could’ve done much better. Fortunately paper 2 went a lot better for me and I’m hoping that since paper 2 is worth a higher percentage than paper 1 that I might get enough marks to pass. If the grade boundaries are high this year then there isn’t much hope though. Did anyone else not do well on paper 1 or run out of time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending