My journey to overcome my Eating Disorder/My Eating Disorder - AMA [TW] Watch

Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Please do tell someone when you're ready to tell them - it's something I regret, but once I recover, I'll be letting people know what I was going through because it's right that I reassure them that I'm better and that they no longer need to worry.
Shes the only one that know about the sexual abuse I suffered and I told her about 2 years ago and that brought us even closer but idk about this because she and my other friends joke and take the pi** out of EDs so I hope if i tell her she'll be ok with it. She suspected so many other people with EDs and she genuinely seems ok about it but shes never 'accused' me of having one.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Not sure if I have an eating disorder but I also feel great when I’m hungry (I starve myself at-least thrice a week because I can’t control my cravings) I use IF as a way to restrict more food. When I “binge” I obviously regret it but I lowkey feel calm about it because I never ate my weekly or daily calorie count. I’m not that in trend so I don’t purge (scared of shoving my finger down my throat!)
It's something to keep an eye on certainly in case it develops further. The idea of feeling great when you're hungry may be an issue of control over food, so again be careful of that developing into an eating disorder, same with restriction.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I used to be like this all the time. I would never eat at school. I haven't eaten at school for 2 years, i always throw away my lunch and at home I just ate salads. A few days later I would 'treat' myself but I wouldn't say I was binging. But tbh this can develop into something worse so maybe you should talk to someone about it if you feel comfortable.
Not sure if I have an eating disorder but I also feel great when I’m hungry (I starve myself at-least thrice a week because I can’t control my cravings) I use IF as a way to restrict more food. When I “binge” I obviously regret it but I lowkey feel calm about it because I never ate my weekly or daily calorie count. I’m not that in trend so I don’t purge (scared of shoving my finger down my throat!)
Anonymous #1
Shes the only one that know about the sexual abuse I suffered and I told her about 2 years ago and that brought us even closer but idk about this because she and my other friends joke and take the pi** out of EDs so I hope if i tell her she'll be ok with it. She suspected so many other people with EDs and she genuinely seems ok about it but shes never 'accused' me of having one.
I think you'll find your friend is probably very trustworthy over this too and that while she jokes about EDs now, when she discovers you have one, that'll soon stop. Knowing someone close with an ED changes things massively and she strikes me as a very supportive friend.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I think you'll find your friend is probably very trustworthy over this too and that while she jokes about EDs now, when she discovers you have one, that'll soon stop. Knowing someone close with an ED changes things massively and she strikes me as a very supportive friend.
yeh i hope she takes it well. Any ideas on how I can tell her?
missboooky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
omg, girl, this is literally me. I want to tell my best friend and I was going to tell her yesterday and I just couldn't. I'm probably going to wait until after exams. You can do it tho, just believe in yourself x
No addd my snap pls I feel like I can relate to you Mann tiagrace_19
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
When I told my friend about my weird habits she gave me some tips and was calm with it but she never really asked how I am again. I made it as a joke
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by missboooky)
No addd my snap pls I feel like I can relate to you Mann tiagrace_19
I'm so sorry but I deleted snap bc of GCSEs, you can add me. I'll pm you my user and when I'm active again I'll add you back x
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I just don't know how to bring it up in a conversation
When I told my friend about my weird habits she gave me some tips and was calm with it but she never really asked how I am again. I made it as a joke
missboooky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just don't know how to bring it up in a conversation
Same my friend just kind of shrugged it off like it was nothing major
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by missboooky)
Same my friend just kind of shrugged it off like it was nothing major
I pmed you btw x
and i haven't had the courage to tell my friends yet
Anonymous #1
I think a lot of it is simply saying how you feel and saying what's going on. I would say to say as much as you feel comfortable saying at this stage, so if you don't want to go into the ins and outs that's fine, but really it's about how much you want to say. Beat provides a great webpage on this: https://www.beateatingdisorders.org....n/tell-someone

So, update number 1 on this thread. This is my first full day of not binging/purging and it's not got off to the best start. One of my biggest problems is that if I don't purge enough, I wake up the following morning with an upset stomach and guess what? Yep, that's happened to me this morning. It's helping me to avoid wanting to binge, but it's still uncomfortable all the same. My plan for the day is to go for a walk to try to get some fresh air and take my mind off my stomach/wanting to binge.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I think a lot of it is simply saying how you feel and saying what's going on. I would say to say as much as you feel comfortable saying at this stage, so if you don't want to go into the ins and outs that's fine, but really it's about how much you want to say. Beat provides a great webpage on this: https://www.beateatingdisorders.org....n/tell-someone

So, update number 1 on this thread. This is my first full day of not binging/purging and it's not got off to the best start. One of my biggest problems is that if I don't purge enough, I wake up the following morning with an upset stomach and guess what? Yep, that's happened to me this morning. It's helping me to avoid wanting to binge, but it's still uncomfortable all the same. My plan for the day is to go for a walk to try to get some fresh air and take my mind off my stomach/wanting to binge.
Yeh thank you so much.

And going for a walk might help to take your mind off. The upset stomach might be because your body is not used to this so if you continue like this your body will get used to it. I hope yo get beter soon.
Anonymous #1
Yeh thank you so much.

And going for a walk might help to take your mind off. The upset stomach might be because your body is not used to this so if you continue like this your body will get used to it. I hope yo get beter soon.
Thanks - I tend to get it the day after I've binged, but not managed to purge, but this is really unusual in that I did purge yesterday. Like you say though it's probably my body getting used to not binging and purging.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Thanks - I tend to get it the day after I've binged, but not managed to purge, but this is really unusual in that I did purge yesterday. Like you say though it's probably my body getting used to not binging and purging.
I don't know why but whenever I purge it's not because I've binged its just because I have eaten something no matter how small.
Anonymous #1
I don't know why but whenever I purge it's not because I've binged its just because I have eaten something no matter how small.
I wonder whether your eating disorder is anorexia then - there is a binge/purge subtype which involves restricting and then eating more than usual, but by no means enough to survive properly.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I wonder whether your eating disorder is anorexia then - there is a binge/purge subtype which involves restricting and then eating more than usual, but by no means enough to survive properly.
oh ok then
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Thank you
Anonymous #1
So I thought I'd better keep this up and begin my first full day's update. It's been a really odd day today. I started off by waking up feeling ill for a few hours and bizarrely, despite all of that, part of me still wanted to binge and purge. I don't really understand why I thought that because I know that if I binge/purge, I'm going to get ill and that it's because I binged and purged yesterday that I felt ill today. I managed to eat two normal meals today, totalling 880 calories. Again, I know that this is far less than what I need, but for the time being, I have to let that slide, to accept that I'm going to be eating a ridiculously low amount of calories for now because it helps me. I went out for a walk as planned today and met up with some friends in town - went for a drink at a cafe which meant that I could get away with water. I walked home and, annoyingly, couldn't quite bring myself not to buy some of my binge foods so I bought a couple of big chocolate bars. Now normally I'd have eaten them by now, but I'm determined not to do so, so they're currently sat at the back of my cupboard. I'd say that I've had between three and four big binge urges today, but I've managed to fight them off because I'm determined to stop. On to day 2 tomorrow I guess.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Could I please have some help..

I want to eat something now, not binge, maybe just a slice of toast just to purge it. I don't know why but I just want to purge, but I already have today and haven't eaten since. I just want to throw up and I don't know whats wrong with me. Help pls x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (149)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.87%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.22%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.3%

Watched Threads