whichuni050100
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Out of Eastwood and Westwood, I’m 90% decided on Eastwood. My only reservation is that the people who’ve said Eastwood looks better have never lived there!

Anyone actually know someone who lived in Eastwood and knows their genuine opinion, or lived there themselves??

Just trying to make the right choice
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I thought Clint Eastwood was over-rated, and Tim Westwood just an idiot.
Trapmoneybenny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yo...straight up. Westwood is a ****hole
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by whichuni050100)
Out of Eastwood and Westwood, I’m 90% decided on Eastwood. My only reservation is that the people who’ve said Eastwood looks better have never lived there!

Anyone actually know someone who lived in Eastwood and knows their genuine opinion, or lived there themselves??

Just trying to make the right choice
Hi there,

I didn't live in Eastwood but my best friend did so I visited and slept over in her house quite a lot throughout first year. While Eastwood isn't as new and modern in terms of decor (whereas Polden, Quads and Marlborough/Soslbury are), they are very sociable houses. Whenever I went to my friend's house in Eastwood, all of them would be hanging out together in the kitchen/living space. They all went out together, and they all decided to live together this year. On the other hand, when I visited friends in other accommodation, people tended to just stay in their rooms.

From what my friend said about Eastwood, she loved it. She said there were never issues with shared bathrooms, and the bedrooms themselves are the same size as bedrooms in other accommodations.

I was a Freshers' captain for Westwood this year so spent a lot of time in the flats, and some of my friends lived there in first year. From what I saw and from what my friends said, Westwood is a bit more "prison-y", in that the houses are quite tall and narrow, and the decor is just lots of white hallways. However, the bathrooms and bedrooms in Westwood are the same as in Eastwood, and they're equally as social.

Overall, from my experience visiting and staying over there, and from what my friends said, Eastwood and Westwood are essentially the same, just Eastwood is slightly nicer in terms of decor and homeliness.

You might find this website helpful, as past students give reviews of their accommodation.

I hope this has helped,
Jessica, a second year Natural Sciences student
jazzjsaunders
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there! I just finished my first year living in Eastwood and I loved it! Rooms are spacious with plenty of storage- had absolutely no problems with bathrooms never had to wait to have a shower and always clean! Only thing is we had to clean our own kitchen but we managed! Overall super social and I personally think it’s a lot nicer than Westwood which has a bit of a prison vibe. Have to say overall does depend which block you’re in as there are “better” and “worse” places within both east and west wood
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (115)
24.78%
Pop (108)
23.28%
Jazz (20)
4.31%
Classical (23)
4.96%
Hip-Hop (87)
18.75%
Electronic (37)
7.97%
Indie (74)
15.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise