confusedteen2403
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am currently doing my GCSEs and I have been thinking about the future and I recently found out about mechatronics and it really interests me. However till now I was thinking about doing a degree in mechanical engineering, I found out that mechatronics engineer would not have as much skill and knowledge as a mechanical engineer. I would also like to know if a mechanical engineer would be preferred over a mechatronics engineer in the area of robotics and if it's worthwhile doing mechatronics.
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by confusedteen2403)
I am currently doing my GCSEs and I have been thinking about the future and I recently found out about mechatronics and it really interests me. However till now I was thinking about doing a degree in mechanical engineering, I found out that mechatronics engineer would not have as much skill and knowledge as a mechanical engineer. I would also like to know if a mechanical engineer would be preferred over a mechatronics engineer in the area of robotics and if it's worthwhile doing mechatronics.
A mechatronics engineering graduate will know more than a mechanical engineering graduate in the topics covered in mechatronics engineering. So for example, I'd expect a mechatronics engineering graduate to have covered more electronics and programming.
confusedteen2403
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smack)
A mechatronics engineering graduate will know more than a mechanical engineering graduate in the topics covered in mechatronics engineering. So for example, I'd expect a mechatronics engineering graduate to have covered more electronics and programming.
Ok, I have also read in certain articles online that a mechanical engineer would not be able to cover for a mechatronics engineer but a mechatronics engineer would have the basic mechanical knowledge to cover for mechanical engineers. Is this true?
confusedteen2403
Rep:
?
I would also like to know if mechatronics is also as maths intensive as mechanical engineering
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by confusedteen2403)
Ok, I have also read in certain articles online that a mechanical engineer would not be able to cover for a mechatronics engineer but a mechatronics engineer would have the basic mechanical knowledge to cover for mechanical engineers. Is this true?
Really depends on what area of mechanical engineering you are talking about. It's a really broad field.
confusedteen2403
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smack)
Really depends on what area of mechanical engineering you are talking about. It's a really broad field.
ok, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads