URGENT : SciencesPo/LSE or Business School ?

Watch
Lavandeee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello !

I need your opinion. I am faced with several choices, and I don't know anyone in this business to know what the best choice is.

I would like to work later in the Big Four (or even the international economic institutions or the French Ministry of Economy). I am French, and I am admitted to Sciences Po (International Economic Policy) and the LSE (MSc in Economic History). I also applied in parallel to Business Schools, including ESCP and EDHEC. I am French and for the moment I plan to stay in France (but I don't mind going abroad).

I was wondering then what would be the best choice between:

1) To do the Master in international economic policy and make a deferral of the LSE, so I take a year off to go to the LSE => basically, I will be a graduate of Sciences Po + LSE if my deferral is accepted

2) Either I join the ESCP or the EDHEC, which are very well known in France

Indeed, I'm afraid that SciencesPo and the LSE are too theoretical, and since the training courses are not directly in finance, I don't know if it will have an impact to integrate the big four? Wouldn't business schools be a better option? What do you think is the best choice?

Thank you very much for your answer, I'm a little confused!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ask/look at where grads end up and where the big four recruit from. You may also want to look at what qualifications jobs you are interested in need.
(Original post by Lavandeee)
Hello !

I need your opinion. I am faced with several choices, and I don't know anyone in this business to know what the best choice is.

I would like to work later in the Big Four (or even the international economic institutions or the French Ministry of Economy). I am French, and I am admitted to Sciences Po (International Economic Policy) and the LSE (MSc in Economic History). I also applied in parallel to Business Schools, including ESCP and EDHEC. I am French and for the moment I plan to stay in France (but I don't mind going abroad).

I was wondering then what would be the best choice between:

1) To do the Master in international economic policy and make a deferral of the LSE, so I take a year off to go to the LSE => basically, I will be a graduate of Sciences Po + LSE if my deferral is accepted

2) Either I join the ESCP or the EDHEC, which are very well known in France

Indeed, I'm afraid that SciencesPo and the LSE are too theoretical, and since the training courses are not directly in finance, I don't know if it will have an impact to integrate the big four? Wouldn't business schools be a better option? What do you think is the best choice?

Thank you very much for your answer, I'm a little confused!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads