The Student Room Group

Accounting career - post degree with 3rd

Scroll to see replies

Original post by steamed-hams
did you study acca or cima or similar - how hard were the exams?
do you think being an accountant is a profession that would not die out due to automation?
thanks

I did CIMA. Asking how hard were the exams is a very relative question, depending on your background, intelligence, how well you study, learn etc some may find it easy some may find it challenging.

I went to BPP courses for all of my modules (Usually 3-5 days per course or 6-10 evenings if weekday) and generally took a week off work per exam (Including study leave) as well as a few hours a week in the build up to exams. I found them all doable providing you put in the time and follow your tuition providers study plan and completed all exams with first time passes.

Accountancy is a very broad profession so its quite difficult to speak about it generally. Yes - More junior / transactional level work is already being offshored by many companies to lower cost jurisdictions and will certainly be fewer roles available once these kind of things can be automated.

More Senior / Strategic finance roles will still remain for the most part as I don't think they're a case of A + B = C and generally require more thought / experience for them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending