The Student Room Group

Iranian girl gets highest possible Mensa IQ score

Scroll to see replies

I say well done to her, but I think this article is heavily exaggerated
Imagine having one or both of your parents not love you enough that you turned out like this.

I was respectful to you because I believed that I might have been giving off the wrong idea. But clearly you do not learn from the example of others.

Similarly, you can trash talk me. But I will not stand by and let you talk about others like that.
Original post by Palmyra
Imagine having your **** GCSEs and believing you can study medicine 😂😂😂
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 42
Well done to her, hope it benefits her positively in life. But mostly, I hope the pressure and expectation isn't too bad and she just gets to be a normal kid.
There's a surprise she is in the UK
Original post by angel.xo
:rofl: I didn't even make the thread you jealous young boy.
Original post by DeBrevitateVitae
Imagine having one or both of your parents not love you enough that you turned out like this.

I was respectful to you because I believed that I might have been giving off the wrong idea. But clearly you do not learn from the example of others.

Similarly, you can trash talk me. But I will not stand by and let you talk about others like that.

Turned out like what? he worked hard to get into one of the best universities in the world, isn't into gossip and gives credit where its due. i think its sad you are still bullying a little girl and you should stop embarrassing yourself because its clear you're jealous.
Original post by DeBrevitateVitae
you and your jobless stalker ass

Please stop trolling and posting insults not relevant to this thread, I am sure you can find a nice little Chinese thread to post your ramblings and bully this little 11 year old girl.
Hello my name is Palmyra and I do the things listed below.
I also am a massive hypocrite.
Original post by Palmyra
posting insults not relevant to this thread, bully(ing)
I am proud of my fellow Iranian Muslimette :h:
It's nice to hear women do well :biggrin:
Original post by -Quava-

Its not good to assume what her religion is but yes lovely to shine light on her achievement.
Original post by -Quava-

There is nothing to suggest that she is Muslim and I rather think the opposite is more likely to be true, but yes I agree about highlighting the achievement of women. :smile:
That's really great!
Original post by -Quava-
Her last name is one of the most commonly used Islamic names in Pakistan and Iran hence the suggestion.

:yawn:
It doesn't mean shes muslim.
I have no time for people who are toxic like you and seek out to purposefully destroy others. However you are right; I apologise to everyone for detailing the thread. But you need to learn to be kinder. I have a sneaking suspicion that you are attempting to put political significance or nationalistic pride into this. To that I say: be proud! I am not attempting to put her or you down. Finally, I am not bullying her. Indeed it would be an honour to meet her and speak to her. This is the final post I will be making as I have A level exams.
Original post by Palmyra
Again, please stop diverting from the topic of this thread to satiate your desire for attention online by bulling an 11 year old, thanks. If you want to criticise or insult me you can PM me or make your own thread, but don't continuously post non constructive spam on here to shift attention from highlighting the achievement of this genius little child to you.

I will not be replying to you again, bai bai la for good my obsessed little Chinese friend.
Hugely popular Islamic surname used mostly in Iran, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan :h:
Names (specifically last names) are what we used to identify ourselves through our religion- hence the assumption, if that makes sense.

Its not good to assume what her religion is but yes lovely to shine light on her achievement.

Original post by Palmyra
There is nothing to suggest that she is Muslim and I rather think the opposite is more likely to be true, but yes I agree about highlighting the achievement of women. :smile:
Yeah you replied way to fast I'd already written a clearer response :h:
:yawn:
It doesn't mean shes muslim.
Original post by -Quava-
Hugely popular Islamic surname used mostly in Iran, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan :h:
Names (specifically last names) are what we used to identify ourselves through our religion- hence the assumption, if that makes sense.

She did not choose her surname, nor did her parents, so it's fallacious to use that to attribute a religion to this child.
Original post by -Quava-

You have repeated what you've said but again it doesn't mean shes muslim.

Well I should definitely change my surname now to avoid this presumption :wink:
Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "You will be called on the Day of Resurrection by your names and the names of your fathers, so have good names."

Its imperative that Muslim children are named with Islamic names hence a good indication of faith. Its just how it works.
In my family, our last names have been altered so that they are Islamic- my parents chose it.

Another good reason why I'm so proud of this little girl is that my uncle is very close friends with her uncle so its also nice to know that people I know are doing well.

I only mentioned religion, race and her gender because I can identify (almost) closely and its not often a young brown Muslim girl can identify with other high achievers- and females in general as well as men (white, middle class) tend to be at the top of the social hierarchy so its quite nice for a change.
Original post by Palmyra
She did not choose her surname, nor did her parents, so it's fallacious to use that to attribute a religion to this child.

You have repeated what you've said but again it doesn't mean shes muslim.

Well I should definitely change my surname now to avoid this presumption :wink:

You don't need to tell me what you're going to do :rofl: do what you like
Original post by -Quava-
Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "You will be called on the Day of Resurrection by your names and the names of your fathers, so have good names."

Its imperative that Muslim children are named with Islamic names hence a good indication of faith. Its just how it works.
In my family, our last names have been altered so that they are Islamic- my parents chose it.

Another good reason why I'm so proud of this little girl is that my uncle is very close friends with her uncle so its also nice to know that people I know are doing well.

I only mentioned religion, race and her gender because I can identify (almost) closely and its not often a young brown Muslim girl can identify with other high achievers- and females in general as well as men (white, middle class) tend to be at the top of the social hierarchy so its quite nice for a change.

You don't need to tell me what you're going to do :rofl: do what you like

If those are your views thats fine but i and many others don't give a **** about what muhammad said. Please don't assume shes muslim and its sad you need someone to be a muslim to relate to them.
Its a damaging stereotype to dump her under muslim just because shes iranian. In times like this I wish iran was truly iran with zoroastrian and not a silly religion imposed on them but oh well i will read this letter forever and dream http://www.persepolis.nu/timeline-letters.htm

have a good day :smile:
Original post by -Quava-

Her name is Tara...

Quick Reply