Think my friend over in Canada may have attempted/commited suicide...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
A friend of mine who moved to canada has been battling depression lately and seems to have become deluded. Ever since his girlfriend left him hes gone a bit off the rails, he also smokes a lot of weed since they legalised it. He has a history of mental health issues, he was once sectioned after his gf dunped him, they tried to give him bipolar medication but he didnt wanna take it.

Hes been posting a lot of weird vlogs talking about deluded conspiracies and stuff about how the government wanna kill him for talking about global warming...hes become totally paranoid and deluded.

He posted some really worrying vlogs today in a very emotional state talking about how the police wanna kill him for talking about global warming, etc...he is in his flat and there is a police outside his door trying to talk to him.

In the video mentions he drank cyanide to kill himself. He posted a few other vids after, very emotional, saying that he can feel it kicking in and talking about paranoid delusions about the goverment.

This was over 6 hours, i sent him a few messages as soon as i saw it, but he hasnt read them.....

Im hoping that the cyanide was just another one of his paranoid delusions and he didnt actually take any. He owns a gun, so if he really wanted to end it surely he would just use that??

He has a very bad relationship with his family, they basically disowned him and his dad doesnt speak to him. His ex girlfriend, i cant remember her surname at all, and she seems to have blocked me on Facebook, so i have no way of finding her..

What should I do? Should I contact his sister(the only family of his I can find) to see if they can somehow contact him if its not too late?

Ive considered contacting the british embassy in Toronto, dunno if that is of any use? Or maybe even the toronto police to ask for an update? In the video the officer mentions his badge number and his first name, so I can quote that...

Any advice is welcome....
nintysixthousand
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i would try contacting his sister and any friends you can find that are in canada with him, try looking on his facebook and tagged/mentions on twitter or instagram to find people that may be able to check on him.
username4360318
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nintysixthousand)
i would try contacting his sister and any friends you can find that are in canada with him, try looking on his facebook and tagged/mentions on twitter or instagram to find people that may be able to check on him.
This
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If there were police officers talking to him at the time of the videos, surely they would have taken him to hospital if anything happened?

But I agree with the posters above - his sister or friends would be the first people to contact. I doubt the police would give you any information.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm really sorry OP, if he has passed make sure you seek help. If he hasn't I would still say to seek help.

RE: finding out, contact his sister.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.38%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.89%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.34%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.37%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.79%

Watched Threads