Living with friends or staying alone

Watch
Bawo55
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone
Uhm..do you think it’s better to stay alone during 2nd year and then move in with friends for final year (most of the times, I’d be in placement).
I’m thinking of staying alone bc of my family as they come here during the holidays so they can live with me instead of spending money on accommodation but at the same time I don’t want my friends to feel like I’m avoiding them or sth.
Also...I really like my personal comfortable space. We are currently in student halls and well lol girls life as usual....but then, you still need to have some privacy you know and stuffs like that.
I just need your opinions.
Thanks
Last edited by Bawo55; 1 year ago
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bawo55)
Hi everyone
Uhm..do you think it’s better to stay alone during 2nd year and then move in with friends for 3rd year cause it would be the last time we will be together like that.
I’m thinking of staying alone bc of my family, I’m an i
It's a matter of preference. Do you like having company at times? If so live with others. Do you prefer being alone, and having your own space? If so you can live alone. Cost should also be a factor as rent will be far higher if you decide to live alone, compared to shared accommodation.
Bawo55
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkboyk)
It's a matter of preference. Do you like having company at times? If so live with others. Do you prefer being alone, and having your own space? If so you can live alone. Cost should also be a factor as rent will be far higher if you decide to live alone, compared to shared accommodation.
Yea I do like having company at times and my personal comfortable space as well...the thing is would it be better off for 2nd year and then final year live together.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bawo55)
Yea I do like having company at times and my personal comfortable space as well...the thing is would it be better off for 2nd year and then final year live together.
Better in what sense? it's a matter of preference. Both have their pros and cons entirely dependant on personal preference. For example I'd never live alone at uni since it's too expensive for me, plus I love having discussions with housemates at odd times and other social aspects (e.g. movie nights, group study). I am living alone after uni this year to focus on my career, as well as to have my own space.

Evaluate which of these do you want based on your preference and also finance.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on whether you can afford to live alone and whether you are suited to it.
As an undergrad, I lived in shares with other students and older professionals.
Now I live alone and prefer this.

Living with other people often means lower costs, people to socialize with and an opportunity to share the chores.
But it also means sharing living space, compromising on personal privacy, often putting up with noisy conditions and tidying up after housemates.
Last edited by londonmyst; 1 year ago
Bawo55
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
It depends on whether you can afford to live alone and whether you are suited to it.
As an undergrad, I lived in shares with other students and older professionals.
Now I live alone and prefer this.

Living with other people often means lower costs, people to socialize with and an opportunity to share the chores.
But it also means sharing living space, compromising on personal privacy, often putting up with noisy conditions and tidying up after housemates.
That’s true
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (188)
58.2%
I don't have everything I need (135)
41.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed