Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
???
Reply 3
probaly not
What's your conditional offer?

I can't help greatly, as I know little about sociology at Warwick, but I thought I'd get this thing moving!
It all depends on how many other people have missed their offers.
If Warwick can fill up their places with candidates who have met their offers, then they will do that. If they cannot, then they will fill up as much as they can with people who have met the terms, then go through a process of elimination of people like yourself who may not have done. They will consider things like your Personal Statement etc.
Reply 6
Well if you failed outright I would take a stab at "no, they won't."
If you narrowly missed whatever offer you were made, they will probably consider the circumstances, the strength of your application and how other applicants have done.
That's about as much as anyone here can tell you, we can't exactly analyse either how badly you failed your exam or how the rest of the applicants for sociology will do.
hmm you do maths and you've applied for sociology... sociology takes people from all other subjects as spillover i'm sure you'd be fine :smile:
Reply 8
andy_cole2
hmm you do maths and you've applied for sociology... sociology takes people from all other subjects as spillover i'm sure you'd be fine :smile:

thanks

am doing psy, social and maths, last year i did economic as well

actually am not very bad at doing maths, i got A last year in my maths, but last week, i was sick when i did my Core maths exams, and that paper was really hard, i even think maybe i cannot pass it, what a pity!

Warwich offered me BBC, and i got AAB last year, i thought i could get AAB this year as well, but after finishing the maths exams, am not sure any more, maybe miss the conditions

BTW, the psycho this year is really hard i think
Reply 9
jismith1989
What's your conditional offer?

I can't help greatly, as I know little about sociology at Warwick, but I thought I'd get this thing moving!

thanks Ji, they offered me BBC and plus AS C as well

:biggrin: :confused: :p:
lol i wouldn't worry about it, explain the circumstances, don't let it affect your other exams and base don your as grades i'd imagine you'd be ok.
Reply 11
andy_cole2
lol i wouldn't worry about it, explain the circumstances, don't let it affect your other exams and base don your as grades i'd imagine you'd be ok.

u r so kindddddddd

am not sure now, the maths, OMG,

but thanks a lot:smile:

i get psycho next Tues, hope it will be all right
Reply 12
Quinion
Well if you failed outright I would take a stab at "no, they won't."
If you narrowly missed whatever offer you were made, they will probably consider the circumstances, the strength of your application and how other applicants have done.
That's about as much as anyone here can tell you, we can't exactly analyse either how badly you failed your exam or how the rest of the applicants for sociology will do.

thanks

will they still look my AS results and the personal statement when they get my A-level result in Aug?

and, will they consider my UMS marks? i mean, if uni ask me to acheive BBC, but I got BCC or ACC eventually, also, i only miss a few marks in my UMS marks,
sorry about my organisation of languages
Reply 13
sophisticated
It all depends on how many other people have missed their offers.
If Warwick can fill up their places with candidates who have met their offers, then they will do that. If they cannot, then they will fill up as much as they can with people who have met the terms, then go through a process of elimination of people like yourself who may not have done. They will consider things like your Personal Statement etc.

can Sociology fill up their places? am not sure whether there r many people apply it?

cheers
kimi-kimi
can Sociology fill up their places? am not sure whether there r many people apply it?

cheers

Warwick is a very reputable University, in the top 10.
I seriously doubt that they would have any problems filling any of their courses. But then I don't know why you are asking me, I have no more idea than you do.
If you can look at past clearing lists to see if they have had any spare places in the past, this might help you.
But before you ask, I don't know where you might find clearing lists. Try google.

To be honest, there are millions of threads like this, and no one on here can tell you the answer you're wanting to hear. The facts of the matter are if you miss your offer, you will probably not get on to your course, especially at a reputable University like Warwick. So the best you can do is get on with your exams and do your best aka get off TSR and do some revision :p:
Reply 15
sophisticated
Warwick is a very reputable University, in the top 10.
I seriously doubt that they would have any problems filling any of their courses. But then I don't know why you are asking me, I have no more idea than you do.
If you can look at past clearing lists to see if they have had any spare places in the past, this might help you.
But before you ask, I don't know where you might find clearing lists. Try google.

To be honest, there are millions of threads like this, and no one on here can tell you the answer you're wanting to hear. The facts of the matter are if you miss your offer, you will probably not get on to your course, especially at a reputable University like Warwick. So the best you can do is get on with your exams and do your best aka get off TSR and do some revision :p:

thanks a lot, before i got the offer from LSE, but because i like the uni of warwick much better, so i put warwick as my firm choice, i will try my best,
sociology takes so much spill over i think it would b fine...
Reply 17
andy_cole2
sociology takes so much spill over i think it would b fine...

thanks, am going to revisie the other subjects, and forgot the maths
no problem :smile: the sociology dept here gets bitched on by everyone anyway. students have extensions on their extensions for essays....
Reply 19
andy_cole2
no problem :smile: the sociology dept here gets bitched on by everyone anyway. students have extensions on their extensions for essays....

hey, so u mean the dept will take anyone? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending