Status Quo of Male Underwear?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Two questions:

1. Which is more common/socially acceptable/preferred or does it really just not matter?

2. What is the preferred mannerism for using flys in trousers/underwear?
It seems that as people either use the fly in both, or one and pull the other down (or pull both down down but this would never be acceptable outside of a cubical...). Again, might this not matter?

Personally, atm, I wear briefs and just go into the cubical and pull have both down. I am 99% sure this isn't normal and would like to know the status quo in case I want to change. I have spent about 2 hours googling and am lost. Everything seems so contradictory.
Anonymous #1
Poll didn't work ;c

https://www.strawpoll.me/18109904
Anonymous #1
[Sorry, question 1 is referring to boxers/briefs]
Jackudy3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
who cares
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jackudy3)
who cares
Over-thinkers
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i wear boxers and boxer-briefs but always pull both down because it's easier
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
The most "socially acceptable" underwear style would be boxer briefs or trunks. Boxers are too loose and briefs are too tiny.

I personally don't use urinals, but I wouldn't see the issue with someone pulling down both the underwear and the trousers so the (male bits) are above them, to pee. If someone's watching you, then they're the weird one. Plus, the idea of trying to pee through a fly sounds difficult to me, but I haven't really tried.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Two questions:

1. Which is more common/socially acceptable/preferred or does it really just not matter?

2. What is the preferred mannerism for using flys in trousers/underwear?
It seems that as people either use the fly in both, or one and pull the other down (or pull both down down but this would never be acceptable outside of a cubical...). Again, might this not matter?

Personally, atm, I wear briefs and just go into the cubical and pull have both down. I am 99% sure this isn't normal and would like to know the status quo in case I want to change. I have spent about 2 hours googling and am lost. Everything seems so contradictory.
1. Boxer briefs/trunks, especially in younger guys (up to 18)
2. Yeah, I mean I don’t really watch what other guys do...but personally I use trouser fly but not fly of trunks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (184)
14.23%
I'm not sure (59)
4.56%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (380)
29.39%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.86%
I'm not a current university student (633)
48.96%

Watched Threads