tmaifredi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi all,

Today I did my physical geography examination for A Level Geography for CIE.

The final question started with “Using a case study....” and then talked about arid/semi arid environments.

Usually with CIE they specify “Using ONE case study” with the one being in bold and in this exam is did not just saying “Using a case study...”.

Foolishly I decided to use 3 case studies in this essay, will this meet the question criteria or not?
jonolethaby
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I also sat the paper and did that exact answer (on the Sahel). It said "for a case study of a semi arid or hot arid area", not areas.
They don't negative mark but worst case scenario they can only mark 1/3 of your paper. It depends how far apart the areas are? They would probably be able to mark general points from the other 2 case studies as well, ignoring the evidence given.
But Im no examiner
tmaifredi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Cheers, I think they could have worded it better as usually the ONE case study is emphasised whereas in this question they emphasised either arid or semi-arid in bold.

I’ve looked at all the CIE recent past papers and none have been worded in the way of “a case study” so I don’t know why they chose to word it that way this year and how many case studies they’ll accept.

(Original post by jonolethaby)
I also sat the paper and did that exact answer (on the Sahel). It said "for a case study of a semi arid or hot arid area", not areas.
They don't negative mark but worst case scenario they can only mark 1/3 of your paper. It depends how far apart the areas are? They would probably be able to mark general points from the other 2 case studies as well, ignoring the evidence given.
But Im no examiner
Kstapley
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Any Predictions for Human Geography exam coming up?
Kstapley
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Any Predictions for Human Geography exam coming up?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads