Name:  A5F08C15-2DF9-41B5-9B71-2440CC4A634C.jpg.jpeg
Views: 9
Size:  24.6 KB
Mollyanne2003
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Here are some of the examples I was give by my teacher, don’t remember if these are the ones on the SQA website or not but someone was asking for them!
hffhgghhghg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thank you
Mollyanne2003
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Name:  FF5223BB-4D78-46E6-B737-3940036625D9.jpg.jpeg
Views: 6
Size:  30.7 KB
Name:  92FAAA00-DC67-4F47-9F68-D032AE39BF38.jpg.jpeg
Views: 6
Size:  31.3 KB

Speaking questions I have been given - saw others asking about speaking earlier in chat and thought they may be useful
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey everyone, let me know if people would like help or advice on any of the language papers. I always got 100% for every single piece of writing and speaking I did for my Higher and Advanced Higher Spanish as well as Higher French. I usually always got near or full marks for reading and listening as well but it's somewhat hard to advise on those as much. :rambo:
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hffhgghhghg)
Hi guys,
I'm not doing higher GCSE French this year, but I was wondering if anyone had any good paragraphs/ sentences/ notes in french that you could send me? Thanks x
Just for some context, this thread is for the Scottish Higher French qualification which is like the first year of A level in Scotland. I imagine the exam format is rather different to GCSE! :fluffy:
kawaii_panda101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mollyanne2003)
We were given three heading sentences to chose from, going abroad is the best way to learn a language, should PE by compulsory all through school, why social media is essential in society, or we could chose anything else. Essentially it has to fit into one of the 4 topics which I think are learning, employability, culture and possibly society?
So did you already know the question you were going to write about before you did your first draft in class?

Because I have chosen Society as my context and to focus specifically on health, but my teacher says we must study absolutely everything that could come up in health. And we do not know our writing stimulus until we go in for the first draft in class.

Is this the same for you or did you get to prepare an essay for an already known heading?

Thanks for your help! X
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I really like duolingo personally - I find it gave me a grasp on all of the basics like tense etc. I’m an active learner, so quizzes and flashcards are something I find fun, I also have been watching shows in French (nailed it in French is great, it’s a baking show on Netflix) and for writing, I honestly just try and write it as many times as I can in a week, maybe once every night so it gets into my head - try different scenarios and have essential sentences you know you can slot in!
Omg thank you so much this is beyond helpful, really struggling at the moment on finding fun ways to learn other than just writing out notes
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you allowed to know the writing stimulus for the writing assignment before the first draft?
I didn't think so but want to make sure.
Thanks Quick-use
Last edited by kawaii_panda101; 1 week ago
Mollyanne2003
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sorry my phone is not seeming to liek the app at the min, essentially we are give our titles before we go in, allowing us to prep an essay, and then given a brief stimulus when we enter into the exam, which you DO NOT have to fully cover, it’s to show what you’ve been told you can write about. Our school was checked by SQA 2 years ago, for a random inspection and they found no fault in this way of assignment practice
kawaii_panda101
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sorry my phone is not seeming to liek the app at the min, essentially we are give our titles before we go in, allowing us to prep an essay, and then given a brief stimulus when we enter into the exam, which you DO NOT have to fully cover, it’s to show what you’ve been told you can write about. Our school was checked by SQA 2 years ago, for a random inspection and they found no fault in this way of assignment practice
Omg that's so good, my teacher won't let us see what are question/stimulus in going to be
Mollyanne2003
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kawaii_panda101)
Omg that's so good, my teacher won't let us see what are question/stimulus in going to be
Oh that’s tough! I would say try and practice writing at least one essay per topic to try and practice what you would say and fitting in tenses - Here’s ours:

Going abroad is the best way to learn a language
PE should be compulsory all throughout school
Social media can be positive ,but what are the dangers of it to children
Mollyanne2003
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Name:  6C4AC9D7-425B-4A7F-8CBD-4560A0444106.jpg.jpeg
Views: 5
Size:  19.4 KBName:  7CAE1953-E1B5-4F8C-B36F-4956E63B5162.jpg.jpeg
Views: 4
Size:  23.2 KB

Here’s some more of the writing practices I’ve been given incase anyone wanted them!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (403)
67.96%
No (190)
32.04%

Watched Threads