?
Report 3 weeks ago
first day and it was so hard :sadnod:
Strelzo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How you guys feeling about the course so far? We have completed: completing the square, functions (composite functions, domains, set notations and inverse functions) so far, and they have been very easy; although a much bigger step-up from National 5. National 5 seems like absolutely nothing compared to Higher; will be interesting to see the rest of the content held within the course.
beth1709
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah we’ve done the exact same I agree, pretty easy so far although I’m sure the hard stuff is soon to come. I’d already done the completing the square when x^2 has a coefficient and the inverse functions in 4th year though so that was mainly just revision.
(Original post by Strelzo)
How you guys feeling about the course so far? We have completed: completing the square, functions (composite functions, domains, set notations and inverse functions) so far, and they have been very easy; although a much bigger step-up from National 5. National 5 seems like absolutely nothing compared to Higher; will be interesting to see the rest of the content held within the course.
Strelzo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by beth1709)
Yeah we’ve done the exact same I agree, pretty easy so far although I’m sure the hard stuff is soon to come. I’d already done the completing the square when x^2 has a coefficient and the inverse functions in 4th year though so that was mainly just revision.
Me too; I had done Higher completing the share in fourth year, although it was very brief and was only as an extension task.

The inverse functions were that work of an A level candidate as our teacher said. So on that basis Higher Maths should be very easy like National 5 was 😁.
beth1709
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Strelzo)
Me too; I had done Higher completing the share in fourth year, although it was very brief and was only as an extension task.

The inverse functions were that work of an A level candidate as our teacher said. So on that basis Higher Maths should be very easy like National 5 was 😁.
Yes, hopefully
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
fucthesqa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Higher isn't too bad, I just sat it there in May.

If you're struggling just keep practicing and doing past papers, wouldn't recommend doing actual past papers until after prelims though or you will run out of past papers when it comes to exam time.

Don't get put off if you do less than expected in your prelim because for a subject like maths it's quite easy to get better understanding just through sheer repetition.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads