wccw_8966
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,
I applied for one college through an agent. The agent accepted the offer without consulting me (the day I received the offer). I paid no deposit but the college guideline mentions a 14 day clause after accepting and gives a 2 month period for accepting the offer. Ofc, the agent assures me I can withdraw my acceptance whenever I want (by July if I decide not to go there). And it's better to accept the offer and keep. But I haven't received any offer or accepted any before this. And I don't want to be hoodwinked or legally bound to a decision I didn't take.

Please help / give advice. On general: how many offers can you accept at once? What is the 14 day period? How does this all work? Can I withdraw my acceptance after 14 days if I find a better college / course.

I am still applying to places. And really unsure about joininh this university.
Last edited by wccw_8966; 4 months ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You need to read the information in your offer letter and any accompanying information.

And fire your agent. They shouldn’t be making decisions without your agreement. That’s not what they’re paid for.

Without knowing which course and university you’re talking about and how you applied and any conditions on your offer it’s difficult to say how committed you are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads