bensteeeeeeele
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Panicking. No past papers and lots of topics. Does anyone have any predictions on questions or resources?

I was thinking probably 25 marker on either Supreme Court nominations or the Electoral College but as for the 3 nine mark questions.... checks and balances on the president perhaps? constitutional strengths and weaknesses? importance of lobbying?
chieula2301
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ahhhhhhhh 😭😭😭
scottmcr
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...-71522-SQP.PDF

Here's a specimen paper to have a look at but other than that i'm just gonna look over my notes, especially the supreme court.
ellacantfly_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Really no clue, the 9 mark questions seem really hard to predict. Hopefully constitution, judiciary or voting behaviour will come up as a comparative 25 mark question?
chieula2301
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I really don’t know what is significant about us voting behaviour
(Original post by ellacantfly_)
Really no clue, the 9 mark questions seem really hard to predict. Hopefully constitution, judiciary or voting behaviour will come up as a comparative 25 mark question?
ellacantfly_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chieula2301)
I really don’t know what is significant about us voting behaviour
https://www.tutor2u.net/politics/ref...g-behaviour-us

Could be helpful in comparing these factors with the UK, and how in the UK it is less ideological and strict with voting behaviour. We vote for parties and their broad manifesto's rather than being based on these factors.
bensteeeeeeele
Rep:
?
“Explain and analyse 3” is the way they all start (which is bloody boring) - but there are only so many things this can realistically cover:

- Congress checks on President
- Strengths of House / Senate
- Ways voting behaviour influence elections
- Strengths of electoral college
- Strengths of Supreme Court
- Strengths of election process? (Probably too vague).

Just way too much. So annoying that we have nothing to go on. Where do you start?!
ellacantfly_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
3 factors affecting electoral outcomes?
3 factions within the Republican/Democrat party?
3 methods used by pressure groups?
fikunrea
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, does anyone know any points for 'explain and analyse three ways that the Bill of Rights protects the rights of US citizens'
I only have entrenched constitution
ellacantfly_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Possibly:
- Entrenched in constitution, so it is difficult to get rid of them.
- Positive rights rather than negative rights, so they specifically guarantee these rights.
- Used by the Supreme Court to declare legislation unconstitutional?

Does anybody have any information of US presidents and their impact on foreign policy??
(Original post by fikunrea)
Hey, does anyone know any points for 'explain and analyse three ways that the Bill of Rights protects the rights of US citizens'
I only have entrenched constitution
Jayne2019
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My teacher said comparative vb wouldn’t come up cause they’re too different

https://www.tutor2u.net/politics/ref...g-behaviour-us

Could be helpful in comparing these factors with the UK, and how in the UK it is less ideological and strict with voting behaviour. We vote for parties and their broad manifesto's rather than being based on these factors.
bensteeeeeeele
Rep:
?
Based on the previous paper and specimen stuff I really don’t think they’ll expect us to have in-depth knowledge of specific presidents other than relevant examples. Plus they’ve covered electoral system, pressure groups and third parties in Paper 1 so I think it’s super wise to revise electoral college / election process / two party system / party decline & renewal and DEFF the constitution.
Clarkey1524
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why are 9 markers so ridiculously specific. I can't answer a thing
ellacantfly_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah, I see their point. We've planned some out anyway. It's not too difficult if you discuss their differences, but there are very few similarities. Thanks!
(Original post by Jayne2019)
My teacher said comparative vb wouldn’t come up cause they’re too different
SaggatariusL
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
constitutional reforms in the first one does that mean constitution won't be the 25 marker in this one? i beg constitution comes up. PM and President won't that was in the specimen but I'm feeling a PG 25
bensteeeeeeele
Rep:
?
Well good luck everyone... fingers crossed the grade boundaries will be low and my marker will have difficulty seeing properly
chieula2301
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well that was shjt
EllisiamarieleA
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I really liked it! Couldn’t finish one of the nine markers so didn’t do that one but loved the source question!
bensteeeeeeele
Rep:
?
Not enough time! And I struggled to find THREE reasons why the bill of rights protects citizens... ideologies is the hardest of the 3 for me so it can only get worse...
Clarkey1524
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Complete shjte. F*** exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (38)
28.36%
No (96)
71.64%

Watched Threads