The Student Room Group

Geography NEA coursework

Hey,
I have an idea on the topic of my coursework being redevelopment and marketing of a place but am unsure about the type of primary data i can collect for this particular topic.
What are the best primary data collection techniques to gain both quantitative and qualitative data for human geography studies?
I did about the Regeneration work in Boscombe for my A Level NEA and I did

2.2 QUESTIONING OF MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

2.3 CENSUS DATA COMPARISON

2.4 FOOTFALL SURVEYING

2.5 TRAFFIC SURVEYING

2.6 GRAPHS AND PHOTOGRAPHS

as well as I did a lot of talking about "The Butler Model" which references how resorts evolve and change with regeneration schemes, it's a very useful thing to talk about.

I wrote about 12k words for it across 40 pages in the end so I don't want to copy paste it all onto here but if you needed it I can some highlights into a google doc or something and give you a link if you want to read through?
What was your title? I will be visiting boscombe in January and have absolutely no idea what to do for my NEA? Was wanting to do something physical but sadly the beach there is sandy...
Reply 3
Please could you send me the link for this? Thank you!
Original post by H3LL0_W0RLD

2.4 FOOTFALL SURVEYING

2.5 TRAFFIC SURVEYING

as well as I did a lot of talking about "The Butler Model" which references how resorts evolve and change with regeneration schemes, it's a very useful thing to talk about.

I wrote about 12k words for it across 40 pages in the end so I don't want to copy paste it all onto here but if you needed it I can some highlights into a google doc or something and give you a link if you want to read through?
Original post by H3LL0_W0RLD

2.4 FOOTFALL SURVEYING

2.5 TRAFFIC SURVEYING

Hey this sounds great! Going to be really cheeky and ask for a link too.
Original post by tellbell
Hey this sounds great! Going to be really cheeky and ask for a link too.

Original post by xhollyy
Please could you send me the link for this? Thank you!

For you guys here's a link, some of the sections are incomplete as this is only one of the last drafts I did. Overall I got an A so this is a format that works, if you need any more help I've left comments on so I'll try to get back to you when I can on there. Also, don't plagiarise it or you'll get disqualified...

A Level Geography NEA
Original post by redheaded_genius
What was your title? I will be visiting boscombe in January and have absolutely no idea what to do for my NEA? Was wanting to do something physical but sadly the beach there is sandy...

The title I chose was To what extent is Boscombe an example of successful regeneration? but there were lots of people who did Physical data collection at Studland Bay and Swanage Bay across the 5 days we were there and they chose physical titles. It would be worth having a chat with your teacher if everyone has to do human geography in Boscombe because I'll tell you now that if there is any more than two groups surveying an area you won't get any data collected as the residents very quickly become irate.

If you need any help feel free to comment on the document or PM me on here or reply to this post, that's probably the order of most responsive to least responsive I'll be but I did help a few friends with their physical so can offer some support there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending