The Student Room Group

Will cancelling my application hurt my chances for next year?

I got an offer from Glasgow uni which was conditional on me getting AAAA in my highers this year. That is the uni I really want to go to. However, I struggled with my geography assignment and didn't perform well in my exam, so I think I'll be lucky to get a B. Therefore, I decided to play it safe and choose an AABB conditional offer for my firm, and an ABB conditional offer for my insurance - both from good unis, but not as exciting to me as Glasgow.

My idea is, if my results arrive and it turns out I did achieve AAAA after all, I could cancel my application, and then apply to Glasgow next year - if they don't accept me, surely one of my other choices from this year would.

My question is, if I do cancel my application after results day, will the unis see me as a tease? I know that interest varies year to year, so I won't be guaranteed any offers, but will this specific conduct hinder my chances when applying next year?
Original post by G Doggy Jr
I got an offer from Glasgow uni which was conditional on me getting AAAA in my highers this year. That is the uni I really want to go to. However, I struggled with my geography assignment and didn't perform well in my exam, so I think I'll be lucky to get a B. Therefore, I decided to play it safe and choose an AABB conditional offer for my firm, and an ABB conditional offer for my insurance - both from good unis, but not as exciting to me as Glasgow.

My idea is, if my results arrive and it turns out I did achieve AAAA after all, I could cancel my application, and then apply to Glasgow next year - if they don't accept me, surely one of my other choices from this year would.

My question is, if I do cancel my application after results day, will the unis see me as a tease? I know that interest varies year to year, so I won't be guaranteed any offers, but will this specific conduct hinder my chances when applying next year?

no it won't do any harm at all doing that.
Nope, Uni’s won’t care at all. Plans change and life gets in the way sometimes, they don’t hold a grudge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending