A level ocr english literature

Watch
jlak
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys
I was just wondering how everyone found Paper 1 and Paper 2 for English lit A Level OCR.
For paper 1, I did Hamlet and A dolls house compared to Rossetti poetry
For paper 2 I did the immigrant experience and The Reluctant Fundamentalist and Brick Lane.

Any responses would great, would love to know how people found it.
sallycheh12345
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
what was the question did you do?
jlak
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
For Hamlet, obviously it was act 5 scene 1 as the extract and the comedy question as part B.
For The immigrant experience I chose the question about frustration (cant remember it)
What about you?
Cggr2001
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi, personally i liked both papers. I did Measure for Measure/ Ibsen and Rossetti for paper 1. It was a good extract and i went with gender for section B. I did American Literature for Paper 2 which was The Great Gatsby and The Age of Innocence and again i liked the extract and the essay.
(Original post by jlak)
Hi guys
I was just wondering how everyone found Paper 1 and Paper 2 for English lit A Level OCR.
For paper 1, I did Hamlet and A dolls house compared to Rossetti poetry
For paper 2 I did the immigrant experience and The Reluctant Fundamentalist and Brick Lane.

Any responses would great, would love to know how people found it.
sallycheh12345
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
what question did you do for Rossetti and Ibsen? and how did find it? what did you talk about?
(Original post by Cggr2001)
Hi, personally i liked both papers. I did Measure for Measure/ Ibsen and Rossetti for paper 1. It was a good extract and i went with gender for section B. I did American Literature for Paper 2 which was The Great Gatsby and The Age of Innocence and again i liked the extract and the essay.
Cggr2001
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi, so I answered the question on gender stereotypes for Ibsen and Rossetti. I would always focus on one Rossetti poem for each paragraph and then do my Doll's House comparison.
P1- From the Antique - Compared it to the way Mrs Linde is the victim of female stereotypes in A Dolls House.
P2 - No thank you John - Compared it to Nora rejecting Torvald's love at the end of the play and thus both Nora and the speaker break the gender stereotypes.
P3 - Goblin Market - I talked about the way both Ibsen and Rossetti present male stereotypes through Torvald and the Goblin Men.
higuyshaha
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
wh

(Original post by sallycheh12345)
what question did you do for Rossetti and Ibsen? and how did find it? what did you talk about?
what was the great gatsby question and the extract loll
jjemimamorgan
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
hey was this a 2019 paper? if so would u mind telling me all the questions for the malfi/rosetti question?? thx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (66)
22.53%
Note taking apps (6)
2.05%
Flashcards (58)
19.8%
Revision guides (17)
5.8%
Past papers (134)
45.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (12)
4.1%

Watched Threads