The Student Room Group

A level exam, caught on phone

So yesterday I sat two a level exams but there was a clash so I got put in isolation between them because most my economics class had already sat the exam. While I was in the isolation room the invidulator left so I messaged the economics Instagram group chat and asked what the 25 mark question was on. Someone told my head of year and I've had to write a statement to AQA, I didn't see the answer because no one replied in time, and I said that in the statement . What do you think are the likely consequences? Will I get disqualified from all subjects or just that one?

Scroll to see replies

well u did try to cheat which tbh is just as bad, so there will probably be consequences.
Why bother cheating? There's literally no point and now you've just wasted 2 years of your A-Level.
But I think it's likely you'll get disqualified for all because you were actively trying to cheat and there's proof against you so yeah your loss.
Original post by Dylan28
So yesterday I sat two a level exams but there was a clash so I got put in isolation between them because most my economics class had already sat the exam. While I was in the isolation room the invidulator left so I messaged the economics Instagram group chat and asked what the 25 mark question was on. Someone told my head of year and I've had to write a statement to AQA, I didn't see the answer because no one replied in time, and I said that in the statement . What do you think are the likely consequences? Will I get disqualified from all subjects or just that one?
You'll likely be banned from doing AQA exams for a while (maybe even all public ones although I doubt it), and you won't get a grade for Economics.
why did they leave you with your phone while you were in isolation? thought they were supposed to take it off you so you couldn't ask anyone
Original post by Dylan28
Reply 5
Alright thank you
Original post by Henbenharris
You'll likely be banned from doing AQA exams for a while (maybe even all public ones although I doubt it), and you won't get a grade for Economics.
Reply 6
My loss really? Thought it was AQA's loss?!?
Original post by poppie123
Why bother cheating? There's literally no point and now you've just wasted 2 years of your A-Level.
But I think it's likely you'll get disqualified for all because you were actively trying to cheat and there's proof against you so yeah your loss.
Reply 7
I don't know, they didn't take anyone's phone

Original post by blobgamage
why did they leave you with your phone while you were in isolation? thought they were supposed to take it off you so you couldn't ask anyone
Reply 8
Funny thing that the 25 markers were pretty easy :smile:
Probably disqualified for economics.
Other exams will most likely be fine
You can say you didn't see the response but they can't guarantee that
Original post by Dylan28

The malpractice guidelines are on the JCQ website
https://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/malpractice/suspected-malpractice-in-examinations-and-assessments-2018-19

The likely sanctions for you are shown on page 40. The minimum you can expect is no marks for that exam but they could decide more severe action is required.

Your lack of supervision has also called into question your centres ability to securely administer exams. They will face action from JCQ that may affect future exams. They will be pretty angry with you! Your school may decide to impose additional punishments independently of what the examiners decide. This could include expulsion or withdrawal from future exams.

Do not wait to see what happens. Contact your head teacher or head of year to talk about the incident and make sure they know how sorry you are and how much you regret your behaviour.
(edited 4 years ago)
well that was stupid
Reply 12
Yeah I know I smashed all 3 economics papers 😂 and what was even worse was that there was someone sat in front of me in isolation who had just done the exam who could of told me
Original post by xAikx
Funny thing that the 25 markers were pretty easy :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Dylan28
My loss really? Thought it was AQA's loss?!?

Considering you're the one who is likely to be disqualified, I'd say it's your loss. You got caught and now you have to face the consequences.
Reply 14
Okay thank you, that's the answer I was looking for!
Original post by AzureCeleste
Probably disqualified for economics.
Other exams will most likely be fine
You can say you didn't see the response but they can't guarantee that
Reply 15
Original post by gdunne42
The malpractice guidelines are on the JCQ website
https://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/malpractice/suspected-malpractice-in-examinations-and-assessments-2018-19

The likely sanctions for you are shown on page 40. The minimum you can expect is no marks for that exam but they could decide more severe action is required.

Your lack of supervision has also called into question your centres ability to securely administer exams. They will face action from JCQ that may affect future exams. They will be pretty angry with you! Your school may decide to impose additional punishments independently of what the examiners decide. This could include expulsion or withdrawal from future exams.

Do not wait to see what happens. Contact your head teacher or head of year to talk about the incident and make sure they know how sorry you are and how much you regret your behaviour.

Thank you that was really useful
You’re pathetic
Original post by Dylan28

Ok so that person is such a ********
Original post by Bobbiehey
Ok so that person is such a ********

Not really. Somebody was trying to cheat. Perfectly reasonable to tell.
Reply 19
"if you're not cheating, you're not trying"
Original post by Fermion.
You’re pathetic

Quick Reply

Latest