Views: 14
Size:  259.5 KB
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Believe me straight people can look like sexual deviants too. I think you need to observe a gay pride March and see the happiness
Yes and it is not acceptable for sexual deviants to be parading around in public.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
Yes and it is not acceptable for sexual deviants to be parading around in public.
Gay people are not sexual deviants. What would you do if one of your children came out as gay.
PureHeroine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
they can do whatever they want
i think it's pathetic but hey :dontknow:
the beer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Gay pride is not aggressive
It was both times i've been
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bluebear25618)
Your point is?
It is an LGBTQ Pride and not what you wrote.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Nobody is saying that straight people can't celebrate being straight/have their own parade. We are just laughing at the idea of it.
Some people are. They are calling those people homophobes
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because you don't need it - what are straight people going to do - march down Guildford high street in their Next Shoes and their Primark shorts saying glad to be straight.
No. Have a big parade in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast and Brighton to celebrate being heterosexual.
Alayna1234
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kinyonga)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-48527248

What do you think about this? Should there be a straight pride event? Why, why not?
It’s like white people calling for white history month. Those kind of stuff and this parade exists for minorities and the history of oppression and abuse so straight parade is literally pointless and was probably wanted by straight men with big egos and homophobic
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
I think you misunderstand what pride is about, it’s about celebrating being brave enough to be yourself in a world that can sometimes be very hostile to you because your sexuality.

Legally the UK is very good, but there is still a lot of homophobia about. Respectfully, unless you are a LGBT person, you can’t really comment about it as you are not in a position of ever having to experience it
That is fair, but we are not talking about the world but the UK. Homosexuals in the UK are better off than probably 98% of all countries. Also, we are not arguing against Gay Pride. We are asking for Straight Pride.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Gay people are not sexual deviants. What would you do if one of your children came out as gay.

I dont think you read my previous post

that isnt gay pride, that is fetish pride and that should not be accepted, keep all that odd sexual stuff at home no matter if you are straight or gay.

I clearly stated this is both for gays and straight people.
remussjhj01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pride isn't JUST about celebrating being LGBT though. It's about celebrating the progress made in the past 50 years. Celebrating that some of us have more rights now, but also protesting the fact that many are still criminalised simply for existing. Straight people have never had to deal with this, which is why you don't need pride.
(Original post by Wired_1800)
No. Have a big parade in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast and Brighton to celebrate being heterosexual.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep - and it is fun - my son - who is as straight as a ruler - went to gay pride in Guatemala - love the photos - fetish, bottoms, bondage. It is a celebration of gayness. I think what you are getting at is why would anyone want to be gay. And the answer is I don't know but I would bet my last pound on the fact that they don't choose it.... so let them celebrate
Wouldn't your son be happy to attend a straight parade as well as a gay parade?
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by remussjhj01)
Pride isn't JUST about celebrating being LGBT though. It's about celebrating the progress made in the past 50 years. Celebrating that some of us have more rights now, but also protesting the fact that many are still criminalised simply for existing. Straight people have never had to deal with this, which is why you don't need pride.
This is wrong. Gay people celebrate the homosexuality and who they are as individuals. Straight people should be allowed to do so. I am not against gay pride, but i am in favour of a straight Pride.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some people are. They are calling those people homophobes
How is that stopping straight people from organising their own parade? A lot of anti lgbt people hate on our even too, and we still do it every year?
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The word 'pride' in the non heterosexual pride communities refers to an antonym for shame and anyone who argues otherwise is an idiotic discussing semantics. Anyone thinking there needs to be a straight pride is a piece of **** using it to trivialise gay issues.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Homosexuals in the uk have suffered all of what I said in the post I quoted, not so long ago in the past, still continue to suffer from homophobia both overtly and covertly here in the UK despite all our legal rights and suffer far worse in other parts of the world. Yes, we are better off, but we still suffer from homophobia and are worse off by a lot of metrics. We hence therefore still need pride. Do you understand now?

You can have straight pride, nothing is stopping you, but you look stupid having straight pride when you have never suffered because of your sexuality and never will

That is fair, but we are not talking about the world but the UK. Homosexuals in the UK are better off than probably 98% of all countries. Also, we are not arguing against Gay Pride. We are asking for Straight Pride.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
How is that stopping straight people from organising their own parade? A lot of anti lgbt people hate on our even too, and we still do it every year?
The Cities wont want to entertain the idea for the risk of being labelled homophobic.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The Cities wont want to entertain the idea for the risk of being labelled homophobic.
Lies. You are just making excuses. You guys are just too lazy, you'd rather whine than organise anything.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Homosexuals in the uk have suffered all of what I said in the post I quoted, not so long ago in the past, still continue to suffer from homophobia both overtly and covertly here in the UK despite all our legal rights and suffer far worse in other parts of the world. Yes, we are better off, but we still suffer from homophobia and are worse off by a lot of metrics. We hence therefore still need pride. Do you understand now?

You can have straight pride, nothing is stopping you, but you look stupid having straight pride when you have never suffered because of your sexuality and never will
I never doubted the suffering experienced by homosexuals. I was stating that the welfare of homosexuals in the UK today are way better off than most of the rest of the world.

I am not against gay pride. I think, for true equality, we should have straight pride to celebrate being heterosexual.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (122)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (352)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.74%

Watched Threads