The Student Room Group

Work xp.

Hi
I am looking to apply to dentistry at kings 2020.
I have 10 gcse A/A*one weeks work xp at a dental practice and have read ' the secret of cells and why we die'and have not done anything else. I know this will put me at a disdvantage so i am going to use summer holidays to get some more work xp + volunteering, probably 2 more weeks at dental practice and 1 week at a care home.
Is it a good idea to just go to care homes near me and ask if I could help out, I'm 17.
Original post by lightningspeed
Hi
I am looking to apply to dentistry at kings 2020.
I have 10 gcse A/A*one weeks work xp at a dental practice and have read ' the secret of cells and why we die'and have not done anything else. I know this will put me at a disdvantage so i am going to use summer holidays to get some more work xp + volunteering, probably 2 more weeks at dental practice and 1 week at a care home.
Is it a good idea to just go to care homes near me and ask if I could help out, I'm 17.

Generally it's a better idea to call ahead as there may not be a manager available to speak to you. Many places will not be able to accept under 18s due to the vulnerable people present, however you don't know until you ask. You should find you need a DBS certificate to go into a care home or any other medical facility so this is something to consider if you're tight on time.
I'm going to go to the dental practice that I got a weeks work exp from already and ask for another one/two weeks.
I'll then go to the care home near the dental practice and take their feedback about what I need to do.
I'll also send some emails to pharmacies near me.

That way Ill get the 1/2 weeks more for sure at the dental practice -I doubt they will say no. + Ill know what to do to get care home xp and hopefully get a reply from a pharmacy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending