TomDoughens
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Oofffffff)
What questions did y’all have for the essay (for prose) ??
I haven't done the textual analysis or critical essay yet. I'm desperate to know the answer to this question too because my prelim is tomorrow.
Voaly
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I just did the prelim on Tuesday, the essay question for me was alright, the 8 marker question was really easy compared to the past papers I did before the exam, and the close reading paper about Peppa Pig felt easy as well, I just hope I didn't mess up on it completely haha
TomDoughens
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Voaly)
I just did the prelim on Tuesday, the essay question for me was alright, the 8 marker question was really easy compared to the past papers I did before the exam, and the close reading paper about Peppa Pig felt easy as well, I just hope I didn't mess up on it completely haha
Did you do tallys blood? If so, what was the final question about? Also, what were the two questions for the poem section of the critical essay. I gotta know bro
Oofffffff
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TomDoughens)
I haven't done the textual analysis or critical essay yet. I'm desperate to know the answer to this question too because my prelim is tomorrow.
Let me know tomorrow pls if it’s about themes or characters!
Oofffffff
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Voaly)
What were the 2 questions for the essay? (For prose)
Oofffffff
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Pls someone answer me ASAP in the next 24hrs
TomDoughens
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Pls someone answer me ASAP in the next 24hrs
sorry bro one was on human experience and the other how it had an emotional effect on you. I chose the emotional effect one and did okay. good luck bro and also you're welcome because no one helped me xD
Last edited by TomDoughens; 1 week ago
Oofffffff
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TomDoughens)
sorry bro one was on human experience and the other how it had an emotional effect on you. I chose the emotional effect one and did okay. good luck bro and also you're welcome because no one helped me xD
I’m doing prose (which is a novel or a short story) not the poems so I think I will have diff questions
Oofffffff
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by StudentForSQA)
Omg u did the same prelim I did. It was named ‘the billion dollar pig’ had a quite which talked about making an episode for a hairdresser but peppa bald! And mentioned Ben and Holly’s little kingdom and it mentioned how some were critical about peppa pig through use of word choice ‘sexism’.
Was that the one by the Sunday times new magazine ??
mspratt1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m doing TKAM for my English exam this year, any pointers?
mspratt1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What questions did y’all have for the essay (for prose) ??
I had a character you feel sympathy for or a key event that causes tension.
nataliemackayy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Voaly)
What was the topic of the 8 marker?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
A wee bit advice for prelims- as tempting as it is, don't try to ask for or find out what the questions for your text are...You won't have any hints for the real exam, so best to find out now what type of mark you'll get on an unknown question now, so you can then tailor your revision for the real exam accordingly. I know English is usually one that causes a lot of stress (I can relate- I dreaded it!) but remember the prelim has no bearing on your final grade, so you're as well using it to learn as much about where you're at as you can. Good luck everyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (7)
10.94%
They've been reasonable (24)
37.5%
Not feeling great... (17)
26.56%
They are TERRIBLE! (16)