The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys, my lowest prelim result was in English (for National five), I got: 18/30 in my RUAE, 19/20 in poetry for Norman MacCaig, 17/20 on the Critical essay for A Hanging. My teacher didn’t tell us our Portfolio results (I’d expect mine to be around 19-20/30 since she’s a very strict marker :/) so that’s like 73%. Last year an A was 72% and mainly it has always been 70% (sometimes even 68%!), but I will be annoyed if I get a B. I have always got 17-18/30 on my RUAE, so I hope because of that I don’t get a B since I’m literally amazing at poetry and essay writing. What do you all think I will get? A or B?
Original post by StudentForSQA
Guys, my lowest prelim result was in English (for National five), I got: 18/30 in my RUAE, 19/20 in poetry for Norman MacCaig, 17/20 on the Critical essay for A Hanging. My teacher didn’t tell us our Portfolio results (I’d expect mine to be around 19-20/30 since she’s a very strict marker :/) so that’s like 73%. Last year an A was 72% and mainly it has always been 70% (sometimes even 68%!), but I will be annoyed if I get a B. I have always got 17-18/30 on my RUAE, so I hope because of that I don’t get a B since I’m literally amazing at poetry and essay writing. What do you all think I will get? A or B?

in my prelim, I got 20/30 for ruae 19/20 for poetry bit and 7/20 for the essay (I have dyslexia so I'm allful at the essays) and I got 66% overall. I failed the portfolio for both essays on my first draft and passed on second so I would expect to get a low B for me . I think you will get an A cause you clearly did better then me.
Original post by Lilyeve1
in my prelim, I got 20/30 for ruae 19/20 for poetry bit and 7/20 for the essay (I have dyslexia so I'm allful at the essays) and I got 66% overall. I failed the portfolio for both essays on my first draft and passed on second so I would expect to get a low B for me . I think you will get an A cause you clearly did better then me.

Thanks, your comment really helped me get my hopes up. I mean you are really smart getting 20/30 in RUAE, I’m not dyslexic and I’ve literally never been able to get that score so you did amazing. It’s also inspiring because literally everyone in my year who has dyslexia isn’t doing National five English, so I think it’s amazing that you got a B, it shows you put in the hard work and worked smartly.

Hi,

lol looks like we are twins i did norman macaig for set text and got 16/20 , for the essay i did a view from the bridge and got 16/20 and for the RUAE i got 17/30 which is awful but whatever - i barely got an A, i was just wondering how did you get your folio results so early ??
Original post by aurora-hague
Hi,

lol looks like we are twins i did norman macaig for set text and got 16/20 , for the essay i did a view from the bridge and got 16/20 and for the RUAE i got 17/30 which is awful but whatever - i barely got an A, i was just wondering how did you get your folio results so early ??

My teacher didn’t tell us our portfolio results, I was guessing that’s what I would of got since I know my first draft marks were 18/30, I’d expect my improved second drafts to bring it up a mark or 2.
This also reminds me I have a creative essay to write for higher English and I have no ideas whatsoever! Please tell me some ideas, any will help!
Thanks, your comment really helped me get my hopes up. I mean you are really smart getting 20/30 in RUAE, I’m not dyslexic and I’ve literally never been able to get that score so you did amazing. It’s also inspiring because literally everyone in my year who has dyslexia isn’t doing National five English, so I think it’s amazing that you got a B, it shows you put in the hard work and worked smartly.

aww thanks,thats really nice
Original post by Lilyeve1
aww thanks,thats really nice

No problem.
Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene.<a href=