The Student Room Group

Higher Business Management 2019/20

Here's the chat for higher business management!!
Hello guys, one question: do you guys prefer answer questions as a long paragraph or in bullet points (following command words obv). I am using bullet pointing but I have feeling that it’s really stupid to do that now (I’ve done that for nat 5 so I didn’t had a fear of losing marks)
Original post by Kubsyy
Hello guys, one question: do you guys prefer answer questions as a long paragraph or in bullet points (following command words obv). I am using bullet pointing but I have feeling that it’s really stupid to do that now (I’ve done that for nat 5 so I didn’t had a fear of losing marks)

I also use bullet points because I think it helps whoever’s marking. If it’s a giant paragraph you have to search for the individual points but if you make bullet points you can see clearly which points are being made and wether to award marks or not.
Reply 3
Anyone know why the understanding standards assignment drafts have been taken down?
I'm not sure. Maybe they're editing them or people are copying from them? Whatever the issue though that's quite annoying :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by SchuylerSister22
I'm not sure. Maybe they're editing them or people are copying from them? Whatever the issue though that's quite annoying :frown:

Ye, we’ve just started our assignments and I got one look at then then the next day they were gone.
Original post by Cg0762
Ye, we’ve just started our assignments and I got one look at then then the next day they were gone.

They are republished now.
(edited 4 years ago)
Can anyone help me with the assignment I'm not really grasping it, as I didn't take business last year. Much appreciated
Original post by Rory 1884
Can anyone help me with the assignment I'm not really grasping it, as I didn't take business last year. Much appreciated

Yeah, what would you like to know?
Yeah, what would you like to know?

Essentially just the layout and points to include, if you have some sort of template that would be great. Thank you
Original post by Rory 1884
Essentially just the layout and points to include, if you have some sort of template that would be great. Thank you

If you look at https://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/HigherBusinessManagementCAT.pdf and scroll down to detailed marking instructions it will show you everything they're looking for and how to get every single point
If you look at https://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/HigherBusinessManagementCAT.pdf and scroll down to detailed marking instructions it will show you everything they're looking for and how to get every single point

I'll check it out thanks 👍
Hi, I'm just coming here to ask if our assignments NEED to be on the template. We are sending them of tomorrow or Tuesday and I was about to put it on the template but my teacher said not I shouldn't bother as long as I have my name, school, SQA number and page number at the bottom. I looked at the assignment thing and it said to submit it on the SQA template. I'm not sure what to do because I don't want to annoy my teacher as he should know what he's doing but I don't want to annoy the SQA by not having it on the template. Also one of the marks for the assignment is on structure so would I lose a mark for not using the template, that could be the mark that decides what grade it get?? Anyway thanks for reading
Reply 13
Hi, I'm just coming here to ask if our assignments NEED to be on the template. We are sending them of tomorrow or Tuesday and I was about to put it on the template but my teacher said not I shouldn't bother as long as I have my name, school, SQA number and page number at the bottom. I looked at the assignment thing and it said to submit it on the SQA template. I'm not sure what to do because I don't want to annoy my teacher as he should know what he's doing but I don't want to annoy the SQA by not having it on the template. Also one of the marks for the assignment is on structure so would I lose a mark for not using the template, that could be the mark that decides what grade it get?? Anyway thanks for reading

I would definitely put it on the SQA template. I’d be more worried about annoying the SQA than your teacher considering they’ll be the ones marking it. As for your structure question I don’t think you’d lose the mark for it as I believe that it’s for correct headings etc.
Reply 14
Sorry if this is a bit late but i’ve almost finished my assignment and with the assignment being even more important now could any have a look at it?
Original post by l1504
Sorry if this is a bit late but i’ve almost finished my assignment and with the assignment being even more important now could any have a look at it?

I can if you want
Original post by l1504

I could send my one over to you if that would be helpful, just to compare?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending