arghh123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm in year 11 and need to talk to my teacher about some personal stuff, regarding family issues, religion etc, basically needing advice because they are in the same boat as me. I don't want them to alert my head of year though amd call home, but i really need advice off them. If i speak to him after we leave high school (14th june) will he tell my head of house/parents?? It's nothing major bad though, just advice tbh. I have an exam on the 17th so will they call home or something??

I have another problem, bare in mind i haven't been paly paly with this teacher, like everything is fine with them but will it seem odd out of the blue to ask advice from them lmao?

Thankss
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by arghh123)
I'm in year 11 and need to talk to my teacher about some personal stuff, regarding family issues, religion etc, basically needing advice because they are in the same boat as me. I don't want them to alert my head of year though amd call home, but i really need advice off them. If i speak to him after we leave high school (14th june) will he tell my head of house/parents?? It's nothing major bad though, just advice tbh. I have an exam on the 17th so will they call home or something??

I have another problem, bare in mind i haven't been paly paly with this teacher, like everything is fine with them but will it seem odd out of the blue to ask advice from them lmao?

Thankss
It really depends how concerning this information is. Your teacher does have a duty of care to protect you (and others) from harm. Generally it's better to speak to someone than no one, and you could always ask your teacher when he would need to tell your parents or head of year so you can gauge whether it's something you can discuss with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads