amorsophy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey all- Just wondered if anyone else is staring a postgrad course in Sheffield in September? I'll be starting my masters in philosophy and I just wondered if there are any other new postgrads around?
TSR_Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
M4tt3w
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! Yes Im going to be starting @ Sheffield in September. I got my offer through this morning for Human Resources Management. I applied for a different course last year, but ended up deferring & then applied for this instead this time round ha!

Are you thinking of private accommodation or halls? Thats the next part that I need to figure out...

(Original post by amorsophy)
Hey all- Just wondered if anyone else is staring a postgrad course in Sheffield in September? I'll be starting my masters in philosophy and I just wondered if there are any other new postgrads around?
amorsophy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Private, I already live here. I applied last year, but couldn't afford to do it straight after undergrad, so I deferred, saved up some money and moved! I was super tempted by halls though because I've never experienced that. I didn't manage to get halls while I was doing my undergrad so I've no idea what they're actually like :P
(Original post by M4tt3w)
Hey! Yes Im going to be starting @ Sheffield in September. I got my offer through this morning for Human Resources Management. I applied for a different course last year, but ended up deferring & then applied for this instead this time round ha!

Are you thinking of private accommodation or halls? Thats the next part that I need to figure out...
M4tt3w
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh fair enough! Yeah part of the reason I waited for another year was to save up some more money- can't say that its completely worked...

So you already know Sheffield quite well then??

Yeah, I really enjoyed my halls at UG, but I think for postgrad it'll be quite different. And private renting is cheaper so it has its appeal haha. I guess either way you could end up living with people you don't like, but more diluted in a halls environment!!
(Original post by amorsophy)
Private, I already live here. I applied last year, but couldn't afford to do it straight after undergrad, so I deferred, saved up some money and moved! I was super tempted by halls though because I've never experienced that. I didn't manage to get halls while I was doing my undergrad so I've no idea what they're actually like :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (53)
28.19%
No (135)
71.81%

Watched Threads