posierose
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
If I eat between 1000-1200 calories a day as a 17year old girl weighing 58kg how much weight will I loose? And how quick to see results?
X
HOW MUCH WILL I LOOSE IN A MONTH?
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Do you do exercise?
posierose
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
No I probably do 7000 steps daily
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Do you do exercise?
JazzRabb
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
For your weight, eating between 1000 - 1200 kcal is dangerously low and will cause more harm than good.

If you want to lose weight and keep it off, I'd recommend a 500 kcal deficit. You can work out how many kcal you should be eating to maintain your weight and then subtract 500 from that using an online calculator.

You will only be losing about 1lbs a week, but this will allow your body to slowly adapt which will make it easier to keep the weight off long term. Alongside drinking lots of water I'd also recommend setting aside half an hour 5 times a week to do some exercise, this will ensure you're in a calorie deficit and burn extra kcal.

I did this and lost about a stone and a half, and I've kept the weight off 6 months later. Doing things slowly also ensures you're making a habit of it, which will lead to a healthier lifestyle. I found that after about a month I started to see results, not just physically, but mentally I was happier and, ironically, not obsessing over my body or how I looked as much.

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I hope it helps you regardless! x
(Original post by posierose)
If I eat between 1000-1200 calories a day as a 17year old girl weighing 58kg how much weight will I loose? And how quick to see results?
X
HOW MUCH WILL I LOOSE IN A MONTH?
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by posierose)
No I probably do 7000 steps daily
You probably won’t see results that quick especially in a month but since you’re eating that little you’ll lose some weight but that isn’t healthy so when you eat a bit more you’ll gain more since your body doesn’t have enough nutrients to function - sorry idk how to word it
Last edited by PetitePanda; 4 months ago
Aribe
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Didn't you already make a thread on this?
amorsophy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
How tall are you? 58kg isn't actually a lot you're probably healthy!
myst451
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The thing is, 1000 - 1200 calories is low and over an extended period of time it is likely that you would eventually starve yourself. Obviously how much weight you lose depends on how much exercise you do but if you keep below 1200 calories you will definitely lose weight. Maybe a personal question - what is your BMI or just your height as this will affect your ability to lose weight.

Second thing, you may find that you actually want weight gain. I am a teenage girl (5ft 4, weighs 51kg) which is at the lower end of healthy. I have exams rn and have eaten solid cake for days and so I will inevitably put on weight however when (if) I wanted to lose this, its not actually the weight I want to lose, just the fat. I may then want to replace some of the fat with muscle (which is heavier) so that I don't look like a stick. In short, whatever body standard you are trying to adhere to, be aware that weight is a crude measure; go by how you look and how you feel

Finally, there's a lot of myths about crash diets. It is not that they are bad for you (although they may temporarily slow your metabolism), the real problem is that when you finish them you start eating 3000kcals a day or more and put all the weight back on. Be aware that to lose weight like this will involve immense commitment because it is such a restrictive diet you propose and that when you have finished there is every chance it will all have been for nothing because you lose motivation to eat healthily and just binge on chocolate for a week. If you want to keep the weight off you will need to slightly alter your lifestyle, however, 58kg for an average 17 year old is not that much so you should not aim to lose a ridiculous amount.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.01%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (145)
39.08%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.38%

Watched Threads

Latest