Is Nigel Farage the UK's next Prime ministee

Watch
JoeCUK
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Imagine Trump president of the USA and Farage possible prime minister of the UK round a table!
Is this possible? Will it happen? What would happen
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Since he's not part of the conservative party, definitely not. And thankfully so for all those who are actually patriots and don't want to see their country strip mined and sold off to the lowest bidder (which is what farage and trump want for the NHS.)
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No.
JoeCUK
Rep:
?
Why? Do tell
(Original post by Paracosm)
No.
JoeCUK
Rep:
?
Do you think Farage will sell the NHS to trump then?
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Since he's not part of the conservative party, definitely not. And thankfully so for all those who are actually patriots and don't want to see their country strip mined and sold off to the lowest bidder (which is what farage and trump want for the NHS.)
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JoeCUK)
Do you think Farage will sell the NHS to trump then?
That's not how politics works, the prime minister can't make unilateral decisions, but I would expect him to agree to Trump's suggestions that "the NHS would be on the table" for any trade deal, since he's been talking about privatising the NHS for the last 7 years. Of course it's easy to understand why he wants that when his mate and funding source Aaron Banks is in insurance - health insurance can be very profitable for the insurance companies. It's Brexit or the NHS, because once again the leave campaigns lied.
ColinDent
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's not how politics works, the prime minister can't make unilateral decisions, but I would expect him to agree to Trump's suggestions that "the NHS would be on the table" for any trade deal, since he's been talking about privatising the NHS for the last 7 years. Of course it's easy to understand why he wants that when his mate and funding source Aaron Banks is in insurance - health insurance can be very profitable for the insurance companies. It's Brexit or the NHS, because once again the leave campaigns lied.
For balance of course Trump did later backtrack on that and said that the NHS would never be any part of a trade deal.
HoldThisL
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
For balance of course Trump did later backtrack on that and said that the NHS would never be any part of a trade deal.
denty
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He's backtracked on it while here, but he's a compulsive liar and I'd not trust a word that comes out of that mango Mussolini's mouth.
JoeCUK
Rep:
?
Lol you're funny was making a joke btw
I think both sides have lied and will continue to lie that's the world we live in
The funny thing is that it would have been a landslide remain victory if it wasn't for remaniacs and the associated media calling anyone who considered Brexit a racist this is why it went the other way this is why trump girls into power and if these far left and liberals aren't careful it will drive Farage into power you only need to see the EU election as proof the overly violent and aggressive left and liberals are driving neutral voters against them so the very results they are trying to stop they are actually creating
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JoeCUK)
Lol you're funny was making a joke btw
I think both sides have lied and will continue to lie that's the world we live in
The funny thing is that it would have been a landslide remain victory if it wasn't for remaniacs and the associated media calling anyone who considered Brexit a racist this is why it went the other way this is why trump girls into power and if these far left and liberals aren't careful it will drive Farage into power you only need to see the EU election as proof the overly violent and aggressive left and liberals are driving neutral voters against them so the very results they are trying to stop they are actually creating
There's not really a both sides here, the leave campaign lied a lot more, and a lot bigger lies. The remain campaign made predictions that turned out to be overzealous (immediate recession), the leave campaign told outright falsehoods like the 350m a week and turkey joining.

The violent left :laugh: - yes, because it's the left ramming cars into protestors in the US and making attempts to assassinate politicians (Rosie Cooper recently, and Jo Cox 3 years ago) isn't it. Oh wait, no. That was the far right, emboldened by the dogwhistles coming their way from the tango Franco in the white house, and Mays environment of intimidation. The left have been embarrassing the odd fash type politician, who can take care of themselves, by making them a bit milky; the right have murdered people - it's not in the same league.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He's backtracked on it while here, but he's a compulsive liar and I'd not trust a word that comes out of that mango Mussolini's mouth.
Hahaha, fair point.
tomahawker314
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There's not really a both sides here, the leave campaign lied a lot more, and a lot bigger lies. The remain campaign made predictions that turned out to be overzealous (immediate recession), the leave campaign told outright falsehoods like the 350m a week and turkey joining.

The violent left :laugh: - yes, because it's the left ramming cars into protestors in the US and making attempts to assassinate politicians (Rosie Cooper recently, and Jo Cox 3 years ago) isn't it. Oh wait, no. That was the far right, emboldened by the dogwhistles coming their way from the tango Franco in the white house, and Mays environment of intimidation. The left have been embarrassing the odd fash type politician, who can take care of themselves, by making them a bit milky; the right have murdered people - it's not in the same league.
I think you are somewhat cherrypicking here, antifa which is the militant left has been as violent if not more so than the right in recent years.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tomahawker314)
I think you are somewhat cherrypicking here, antifa which is the militant left has been as violent if not more so than the right in recent years.
I'm not sure if you're oblivious or lying here...
Remind me whom has been shooting up mosques, murdering politicians, driving cars into crowds, sending letter bombs etc. etc.
Whilst so called ANTIFA might be a bunch of yobos and hooligans to say they're 'more violent' than the right is simply wrong. something the British and American security services concur with.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm no fan of Antifa, but the notion that violence by leftist individuals/groups is on the same level as those on the right is painfully naive at best and utter bullsh*t at worst.
activ8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
May (no pun intended) as well. All the others seem a bit rudderless. At least The Nige knows what he wants.
Last edited by activ8; 1 year ago
Burridge
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is the story of the mans presidency. Constant backtracks and contradictions. He gives an answer on a whim and changes his mind on a whim too. I guess the only way to know truly how he feels is to follow his Twitter feed.
username4540078
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please cite examples in recent years where antifa have murdered people or committed acts of mass terrorism.

Just to be clear, throwing a milkshake does not count.
sridia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can consider and give consent to a electoral pact between the Tories and the Brexit Party, but I doubt that even Nigel Farage himself would want the job - not all politicians would consider themselves the right person to be in a position such as prime minister, similar to how an economist may not feel comfortable being Minister for Defence.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Burridge)
This is the story of the mans presidency. Constant backtracks and contradictions. He gives an answer on a whim and changes his mind on a whim too. I guess the only way to know truly how he feels is to follow his Twitter feed.
As with my anarchist friend Stiff Little Fingers I can't disagree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (444)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (343)
43.58%

Watched Threads