History exam in 2 hours and I haven’t revised

Watch
BenjiInTheBox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can anyone give me as much key information as posssible. I am gcse edexcel and my topics are Anglo-Saxons and Middle East Conflict
Jeff246
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
check out a long long time ago on youtube
Aryan3031
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anglo-Saxons
-hierarchy wasn't fixed
-earls were most noble - collected taxes/held land/answered to the King
-thegns were lords and were called tenants under the Normans
-peasant were tied to their land and earned money in reward for their labour
-ceorls were free peasants who were not tied to their land and could work for various landowners
-England was divided into earldoms which were divided into shires which were divided into hundreds which were divided into tithings which were around 10 households
-the shire reeve overlooked the shire and collected taxes and was involved in judiciary
-burhs were fortified towns that were the site of trade so that it could be heavily taxed
knight service was when you had to provide knights for up to 40 days per year in return for land
-Succesison crisis - William claimed he helped Harold from Count Guy; Harold claimed Edward said he was heir on his deathbed; Harald Hardrada claimed he had a secret deal with two other Vikings and had a strong army; Edgar Aethling claimed to be related to Alfred the Great
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (187)
33.27%
Receiving them online / by email (282)
50.18%
I still don't know (93)
16.55%

Watched Threads