Two-year training contract LPC Watch

D.A.P.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,I am currently looking into doing a degree in law which I know is followed by the LPC and then followed by a two-year training contract.Am I right in thinking that the above is all compulsory in order to be fully qualified as a solicitor an able to work in a practice?I will be studying for my degree whilst working and was considering changing jobs so I can work within the field of law, I am currently a personal assistant so was hoping to look for a role as a personal assistant or legal pa (something along those lines) to get exposure to the field, will this contribute two my two-year training contract?Many Thanks!
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by D.A.P.)
Hi all,I am currently looking into doing a degree in law which I know is followed by the LPC and then followed by a two-year training contract.Am I right in thinking that the above is all compulsory in order to be fully qualified as a solicitor an able to work in a practice?I will be studying for my degree whilst working and was considering changing jobs so I can work within the field of law, I am currently a personal assistant so was hoping to look for a role as a personal assistant or legal pa (something along those lines) to get exposure to the field, will this contribute two my two-year training contract?Many Thanks!
Yes it’s correct you need the LPC and training contract. Don’t think the other work would contribute as I believe it has to be practicing as a solicitor but may be wrong here.
Kitta
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by natninja)
Yes it’s correct you need the LPC and training contract. Don’t think the other work would contribute as I believe it has to be practicing as a solicitor but may be wrong here.
You are correct, however with the new SQE coming in (supposedly..) the LPC may be made redundant and there will be a much larger focus on on-the-job training. Ultimately you'll have to watch this space and see what happens. There's no guarantee as of yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.42%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (352)
56.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.77%

Watched Threads