The Student Room Group

help with integration fp3

i don't understand how to do part a
Screenshot_20190606-112401-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Original post by Leviathan1611

Do you recall the formula for the Area of the surface generated by the revolution?

If you don't, you should probably look in the formula booklet.
Original post by RDKGames
Do you recall the formula for the Area of the surface generated by the revolution?

If you don't, you should probably look in the formula booklet.

don't worry about it, I just learnt that it's not in my spec, but thanks for the help anyway🙂
don't worry about it, I just learnt that it's not in my spec, but thanks for the help anyway🙂

That's strange. Just browsed at a couple of specs (one old, one new) and it's in FP2 in both.
What board/syllabus are you using?
Original post by dextrous63
That's strange. Just browsed at a couple of specs (one old, one new) and it's in FP2 in both.
What board/syllabus are you using?

the new specification, core pure, Edexcel
(edited 4 years ago)

oh i see, that's further pure 2, that's not one of my options. i'm doing further pure 1 and mechanics 1.
oh i see, that's further pure 2, that's not one of my options. i'm doing further pure 1 and mechanics 1.

Your thread is headed FP3. It was a reasonable assumption to assume you'd be doing FP2 as well:wink:
Your thread is headed FP3. It was a reasonable assumption to assume you'd be doing FP2 as well:wink:

my apologies, when I wrote fp3, I meant from the old specification. sorry for the trouble 🙂
my apologies, when I wrote fp3, I meant from the old specification. sorry for the trouble 🙂

Ah! No problems.
Mind you, since you'll soon have a couple of months off, do you not fancy having a go anyway? :biggrin:
Ah! No problems.
Mind you, since you'll soon have a couple of months off, do you not fancy having a go anyway? :biggrin:

yeah i hope so, it seems like fun

Quick Reply

Latest