The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xx_InZain_xX
I put non reducing sugar and since sucrose is the only one we know they should hopefully allow that too

I put sucrose (Non-reducing sugar) sothat should be fine!
How much do you think it will be for an A star it can’t be above 80 right ?
Reply 182
Original post by Ameliakkmm
Did anyone put sucrose for the food molecule that couldn't be identified from the tests?

Question specified type of molecule so i said non reducing sugars (which sucrose is so they might allow idk)
Original post by Linwoodshan
Okay good, exactly what I put, waffled a bit though.

Yes I said that too. But it was three marks couldnt think of a third point.
Yeah I put two and three
Original post by iniinininin
it said all the statements were correct though, it just said which ones would contribute to a higher water potential in blood
I got CAACDABDBCDCDBB
Also for the change from 1988 -1991 I got +493 I am pretty sure that’s wrong did anyone else get that
I think you get all 3 regardless whether you put minus or not because it asked for change and it did change by 265.8 (ish, I don’t remember the exact value). If it asked that and then said state whether it decreases or increases then you’d get an extra mark for a minus sign as it decreased :smile:

Original post by Xx_InZain_xX
For the difference between 1988-1991 I put -265 or whatever value I got because the question said what was the CHANGE and it was worth 3 marks so in the mark scheme they may only allow the 3rd mark if you put the minus in. Not entirely sure though. I've seen that before on some old spec papers.
Yeah you did the right thing, not sure how strict theyll be on how you approximate the different points cos it was a bit of a guessing game. Cant remember what i got but it was a bit more than 170
For the question about the tests for testostorone
Did anyone do something like 45000x0.017=765 for the year 1988 ad got 765 and the for the other year something like 85000x0.007=595
and got a difference of -170 between the two years?
PLease say someelse else did this??
Original post by positivee
How much do you think it will be for an A star it can’t be above 80 right ?

I reckon this paper was similar maybe a bit easier than last year. I think the A* mark for this paper will be >76 as thats what it was for 2018 paper 1. But the overall boundary of 69% (last year I think) might still remain depending on the difficulty of paper 2 and 3
I bet paper 2 is going to be a KILLER

OCR are usually ruthless :frown:
Wasn't the commercial uses question just auxins?
Original post by AMberrose1234
252 (I think) for the number of change in people testing positively
Noradrenaline and cortisol in the table
Atrioventricular value as the valve that shuts.
86 - heart rate
Photosynthesis - light dependent because needs the reactants of ATP and NADP to oxidase GP to TP
RuBisCo as the enzyme
Auxins - Rooting powder and weed killer in broad leaved plants
Gibberellins - seed germination
Anabolic steroids - steroids can cross plasma membrane that’s why can be applied to skin
Veins presents as arteries run close to the organs supplying them with oxygen
The multiple choice the cells were red blood cell and white blood cell
I’m pretty sure, if they wanted full names they wouldn’t have abbreviated to GP in the question
Original post by hannahrose25643
i did that too
Reply 193
For the question about the tests for testostorone
Did anyone do something like 45000x0.017=765 for the year 1988 ad got 765 and the for the other year something like 85000x0.007=595
and got a difference of -170 between the two years?
PLease say someelse else did this??

i did the same method but i put answer as positive. Can someone please say whether u had to put it as negative since it decreased from the first year to the next.
Original post by sotor
i put destroyed since auxins collect on the opposite side to light, therefore they might have drawn the conc that auxins on the side of light were broken down

It was probably synthesised because they said it was thought but when they checked the level of auxins in plant in the absence of light it was the same suggesting that light does not make auxins if it was destroyed in the presence of light it would be less auxin when light was present.
Are you sure it just circulatory I swear it said something else?
Original post by ameliag1234
nope :

Original post by willfoot89
Not required as only circulatory systems had to be compared so just talk about single/double loop and closed/open
Whats the hormone that increases metabolism
3 Sf I think,
Original post by jas3llia
Did anyone put 263.8nm for the volume of the inner sphere or did you put it to 3sf?🙃
Cortisol.
Original post by Zeekhan47
Glucocorticoids
Original post by Zeekhan47

Latest

Trending

Trending