Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry (9-1) Paper 2- 12 June 2019 Watch

Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
The maths exam has ended, so let's focus on the next one, Chemistry Paper 2. If you have any thoughts, welcome to join in the discussion!
noodleb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
my thoughts are im not prepared. At all.
i thought the last paper was pretty easy but i still think i did really badly.
anyone know how grade boundaries r gonna look this year?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by noodleb)
my thoughts are im not prepared. At all.
i thought the last paper was pretty easy but i still think i did really badly.
anyone know how grade boundaries r gonna look this year?
They may go up slightly.
I still have a few topics (mainly those entirely not covered in the past papers) to go.
Breadzers
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know this is a very extensive question, but what all colours of elements/compounds/mixtures should I learn? Because the first exam (1R) asked about the colour of CuSO4 turning into ZnSO4 (blue to colourless).
Breadzers
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Along with this, what all apparatus should I know about??
(Original post by Breadzers)
I know this is a very extensive question, but what all colours of elements/compounds/mixtures should I learn? Because the first exam (1R) asked about the colour of CuSO4 turning into ZnSO4 (blue to colourless).
Rep:
?
(Original post by Breadzers)
Along with this, what all apparatus should I know about??
Filter, beaker, conical flask, fractionating column, pipette, burette (the latter 2 for titration)
sxntryy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
-just waiting for someone to post the answers :>
NATacs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Guys how was the exam
Rep:
?
(Original post by NATacs)
Guys how was the exam
I did the paper 2CR. It was quite manageable for me. I got stuck on some of question 6 (titration), and some of question 5.
I thought that adding in drops is to get a more exact volume, and a fruity smell indicates the presence of an ester.
NATacs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did 2CR too. Sorry to say but for titration, adding in drops is to know at which drop the indicator colour changes. But it’s ok, only 1 mark. Ester one is correct. Btw what did u write for the role of sulfuric acid?
(Original post by 8013)
I did the paper 2CR. It was quite manageable for me. I got stuck on some of question 6 (titration), and some of question 5.
I thought that adding in drops is to get a more exact volume, and a fruity smell indicates the presence of an ester.
Rep:
?
I did 2CR too. Sorry to say but for titration, adding in drops is to know at which drop the indicator colour changes. But it’s ok, only 1 mark. Ester one is correct. Btw what did u write for the role of sulfuric acid?
Catalyst?
Mumu123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what was the last question. the 4 marker
NATacs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think it’s the concentration question. I got 4.5x 10^7 mol/dm3
Mumu123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ya that one, but it was volume not concentration. what was the equation anyways.
Last edited by Mumu123; 1 week ago
NATacs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For the electrical conductivity question (water, solid NaCl, aq NaCl) I answered the usual answer - ions move freely around n stuff but they give 5 marks so I wonder if I’ve left out a couple of points
Mumu123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
sammeee, i was confused, for the last question what was the equation and how did you get 4.5

For the electrical conductivity question (water, solid NaCl, aq NaCl) I answered the usual answer - ions move freely around n stuff but they give 5 marks so I wonder if I’ve left out a couple of points
NATacs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
All I remember is that, first they ask u to find the mole of sth n then the second, mole ratio (0.00125 mol) n then the third, concentration (mol/Vol)
(Original post by Mumu123)
sammeee, i was confused, for the last question what was the equation and how did you get 4.5
NATacs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Name:  6A2A7475-7947-473C-B56F-39CB8478F5DD.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  98.8 KB 😣 They didn’t write anything more abt sulfuric acid. It’s a one mark tricky question
(Original post by 8013)
Catalyst?
Attached files
Last edited by NATacs; 1 week ago
NATacs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I didn’t get the ethanoic acid + potassium carbonate question. Just now I read the text book n found that it’s only a small paragraph which I had accidentally skipped reading. I’m disappointed at how they ask only one mark for the whole chapter of chemical test but ask abt 3 marks for a small paragraph which I left out reading 😫
Mumu123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i knowww rightt

I didn’t get the ethanoic acid + potassium carbonate question. Just now I read the text book n found that it’s only a small paragraph which I had accidentally skipped reading. I’m disappointed at how they ask only one mark for the whole chapter of chemical test but ask abt 3 marks for a small paragraph which I left out reading 😫
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (295)
32.03%
The paper was reasonable (439)
47.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
11.83%
It was TERRIBLE (78)
8.47%

Watched Threads