The Student Room Group

Can anyone please recommend a good EU Law book

Can anyone recommend a good fairly easy to understand EU Law book that I can purchase.

I have an EU Law coursework module in July since I missed the May coursework module through having an operation.

Many thanks.
Original post by 3mmz
Can anyone recommend a good fairly easy to understand EU Law book that I can purchase.

I have an EU Law coursework module in July since I missed the May coursework module through having an operation.

Many thanks.

I would look at your recommended reading list for the module. The books will have been selected by the module team as being appropriate for your module. You will probably find several books to choose from. If there is a 'core' or main' recommended textbook; use that one.

If you don't have a recommended reading list, many books are probably available electronically from your uni's library so you can look at them to see if they are suitable for your needs before you buy one.
Reply 2
Original post by Bitesizelaw
I would look at your recommended reading list for the module. The books will have been selected by the module team as being appropriate for your module. You will probably find several books to choose from. If there is a 'core' or main' recommended textbook; use that one.

If you don't have a recommended reading list, many books are probably available electronically from your uni's library so you can look at them to see if they are suitable for your needs before you buy one.

Yes we have a reading list but the EU books that are on the list are not really easy to understand...thats why I wanted suggestion of any other EU books that are simple and easy to understand the main points as EU law is hard as it, so a confusing book just makes it 10x harder.
Original post by 3mmz
Yes we have a reading list but the EU books that are on the list are not really easy to understand...thats why I wanted suggestion of any other EU books that are simple and easy to understand the main points as EU law is hard as it, so a confusing book just makes it 10x harder.

If the recommended one is difficult to understand, ask the module leader if they could recommend another simpler text. If you have a good module leader, they should be familiar with several textbooks. Ours always suggested about 5, depending on your preference. Authoritative or intro.
Any of the concentrate books are simple. Not sure if they still make them but the nutshell book is simple to understand too.
Reply 5
Original post by Notoriety
If the recommended one is difficult to understand, ask the module leader if they could recommend another simpler text. If you have a good module leader, they should be familiar with several textbooks. Ours always suggested about 5, depending on your preference. Authoritative or intro.

Which are some of the ones you used? I need to buy the book in the next week or so as I have the coursework to do July.
EU Law: Text, Cases, and Materials by Paul P. Craig, Gráinne De Búrca is the best EU law book. It is a bit complicated but it has literally everything you will ever need for EU law. Also, almost every EU law related thesis or journal article refers to these authors which just kinda proves how good they are.

Quick Reply

Latest