I'm worried that I'm failing my A level science exams

Watch
aps123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
It's honestly a huge wave of educational depression over me. I do maths,biology and chemistry, and I feel like that my first set of exams didn't go so well. They were all back to back and everyone else had positive feedback for biology and maths but I didn't. In biology, I did't study any of the stats tests for the questions and I felt so bad-would it still be useful to revise them again just in case they come up in the other exams? I'm worried that since I missed out a few( actually alot) maths questions and biology and chemistry questions (alot) that I'm going to fail, I literally had one of those nightmares at night where I got my results sheet at school opened it and saw 3 Cs and then I think I fainted out of shock. I need a BBC to do the degree I need to do.
Does anyone here have any advice for me, if any. Any methods on keeping calm before the exam because I usually look at the people who get good grades in the exam and feel bad about myself., right before the exam actually which sucks. Also since everybody did really well, I feel like I need to get really high marks like 90 percent to get a B overall in my next set of exams.
Also any tips on what I can do to review biology, maths,chemistry on the day before each exam, if you have experience in these subjects.
Currently I review material like this day before exam:
Maths: review formulas, maths questions from textbook, exam questions if time are done.
Chemistry: Review notes, mechanisms,organic pathways and formulas. Exam questions if time are done.
Biology: Review notes, do exam questions then review textbook.
Also any advice on keeping calm in general. I've only found out recently but people can vomit and feel faint if they're under alot of stress, including me.
I'm okay with any kind of advice on keeping calm because I feel like I'm loosing it-this feels like the most confusing and the most awful set of exams I've done but at the same time I'm willing to do anything to quickly change my perspective of this situation.
Also sorry for rambling and the bad english because my depressed ass favours science.
thekidwhogames
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Sciences:
- learn concepts from textbook/CGP guide and test yourself
- do every question here
- PMT worksheets
- past papers

Maths same but videos instead of meomrising the book
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Problem is with A levels you feel like your whole future is hanging in the balance.It might help to remember that even if things do not go to plan there are always alternatives which you can pursue often leading to the same goal.
BTW the people who always do well might actually be having a right nightmare.You just have to focus on the next exams and do the best you can.Do not over think about results,you can deal with all that after exams are over.

(Original post by aps123)
It's honestly a huge wave of educational depression over me. I do maths,biology and chemistry, and I feel like that my first set of exams didn't go so well. They were all back to back and everyone else had positive feedback for biology and maths but I didn't. In biology, I did't study any of the stats tests for the questions and I felt so bad-would it still be useful to revise them again just in case they come up in the other exams? I'm worried that since I missed out a few( actually alot) maths questions and biology and chemistry questions (alot) that I'm going to fail, I literally had one of those nightmares at night where I got my results sheet at school opened it and saw 3 Cs and then I think I fainted out of shock. I need a BBC to do the degree I need to do.
Does anyone here have any advice for me, if any. Any methods on keeping calm before the exam because I usually look at the people who get good grades in the exam and feel bad about myself., right before the exam actually which sucks. Also since everybody did really well, I feel like I need to get really high marks like 90 percent to get a B overall in my next set of exams.
Also any tips on what I can do to review biology, maths,chemistry on the day before each exam, if you have experience in these subjects.
Currently I review material like this day before exam:
Maths: review formulas, maths questions from textbook, exam questions if time are done.
Chemistry: Review notes, mechanisms,organic pathways and formulas. Exam questions if time are done.
Biology: Review notes, do exam questions then review textbook.
Also any advice on keeping calm in general. I've only found out recently but people can vomit and feel faint if they're under alot of stress, including me.
I'm okay with any kind of advice on keeping calm because I feel like I'm loosing it-this feels like the most confusing and the most awful set of exams I've done but at the same time I'm willing to do anything to quickly change my perspective of this situation.
Also sorry for rambling and the bad english because my depressed ass favours science.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.47%
No (53)
22.46%
Not sure (45)
19.07%

Watched Threads