The Student Room Group

I feel stuck when it comes to finding a career

I am screwed when it comes to finding a career. I went to college last year to pursue childcare and after being there for 10 months volunteering at a nursery, I know its not for me but maybe that's because I have no responsibility. I lied to my boyfriend and told him i work in a nursery too and he thinks i work there but i dont. I know i want a career where i want to make the world a better place.. I was thinking of going back to college to do higher education in midwifery or a nurse.. i just need to do something more fulfilling than childcare. I hate childcare and i dont want to do it as a career but i need money so i might end up getting a job in a nursery until i can do something better. I wasted money going to college for children and its also hard when you dont have kids on your own to know what to do. What would you guys do? I feel stuck and I am turning 24 this year :/
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Nimsy
I am screwed when it comes to finding a career. I went to college last year to pursue childcare and after being there for 10 months working at a nursery, I know its not for me. I lied to my boyfriend and told him i work in a nursery too and he thinks i work there but i dont. I know i want a career where i want to make the world a better place.. I was thinking of going back to college to do higher education in midwifery or a nurse.. i just need to do something more fulfilling than childcare. I hate childcare and i dont want to do it as a career but i need money so i might end up getting a job in a nursery until i can do something better. I wasted money going to college for children and its also hard when you dont have kids on your own to know what to do. What would you guys do? I feel stuck and I am turning 24 this year :/

Primary school teacher perhaps? Check if you can apply to do a PGCE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending