The Student Room Group

Aqa environmental science anyone, a-level ?

How are people feeling about the exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I Don't think it'll be too bad, the grade boundaries are bound to be low too as its first year of the new spec
Reply 2
yeah should be alright- is it the physical environment, energy, and pollution in the exam tomorrow?
Original post by yoo9
I Don't think it'll be too bad, the grade boundaries are bound to be low too as its first year of the new spec
Reply 3
Original post by HJABSIYA
yeah should be alright- is it the physical environment, energy, and pollution in the exam tomorrow?

yep as well as any practical skills stuff to do with those topics
Reply 4
how exciting, got any good revision sources coz the textbook so so bad
Original post by yoo9
yep as well as any practical skills stuff to do with those topics
Reply 5
yeah the textbook is kinda bad. ive just been going the the specification trying to make sure I understand as many points as possible. the only other resource online ive found is someones notes from the old spec - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4054145
how exciting, got any good revision sources coz the textbook so so bad
Reply 6
thank youuu

Original post by yoo9
yeah the textbook is kinda bad. ive just been going the the specification trying to make sure I understand as many points as possible. the only other resource online ive found is someones notes from the old spec - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4054145
I found it okay-ish? Liked the 25 marker but wasn't a fan of that question on tidal with the equation. Wbu
Original post by jacksonapril
How did everyone find it?
Reply 8
found it hard but the 25 markers wasn't bad
Original post by jacksonapril
How did everyone find it?
I think it went ok, could’ve been much worse. 25 marker was a godsend🤩 surprised ozone depletion didn’t come up, hope the grade boundaries are low though, my maths isn’t great😬
That tidal power one was disgusting, didn’t sign up for physics
Original post by rebeccanaomi
I found it okay-ish? Liked the 25 marker but wasn't a fan of that question on tidal with the equation. Wbu
Literally, like I think we had to convert J to MW in that equation which I have no clue how to do :s-smilie:
Original post by Oscark21
That tidal power one was disgusting, didn’t sign up for physics
Reply 12
yeah left that one- anyone else?
Literally, like I think we had to convert J to MW in that equation which I have no clue how to do :s-smilie:
Reply 13
does anyone remember how the carbon cycle 9 mark question was phrased?
Was it to protect the cycle or how humans are affecting the cycle?
Was that the one about using the carbon cycle in the circular economy to make human activities more sustainable?
does anyone remember how the carbon cycle 9 mark question was phrased?
Was it to protect the cycle or how humans are affecting the cycle?
Reply 15
yes that's right- what points did you put down for that/ whats the answer?
Was that the one about using the carbon cycle in the circular economy to make human activities more sustainable?
Reply 16
whats everyone predicting/hoping to come up in the exam?
A 25 marker on the environmental impacts of fishing and how they can be reduced would be alright
whats everyone predicting/hoping to come up in the exam?
Reply 18
I would love a 25 marker on environmental impacts of aquaculture compared to agriculture
Reply 19
Maybe one on how abiotic factors affect agriculture and how it can be influenced by humans

Quick Reply