Aqa environmental science anyone, a-level ?

Watch
HJABSIYA
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How are people feeling about the exam?
yoo9
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I Don't think it'll be too bad, the grade boundaries are bound to be low too as its first year of the new spec
HJABSIYA
Rep:
yeah should be alright- is it the physical environment, energy, and pollution in the exam tomorrow?
(Original post by yoo9)
I Don't think it'll be too bad, the grade boundaries are bound to be low too as its first year of the new spec
yoo9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HJABSIYA)
yeah should be alright- is it the physical environment, energy, and pollution in the exam tomorrow?
yep as well as any practical skills stuff to do with those topics
HJABSIYA
Rep:
how exciting, got any good revision sources coz the textbook so so bad
(Original post by yoo9)
yep as well as any practical skills stuff to do with those topics
yoo9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
yeah the textbook is kinda bad. ive just been going the the specification trying to make sure I understand as many points as possible. the only other resource online ive found is someones notes from the old spec - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4054145
how exciting, got any good revision sources coz the textbook so so bad
HJABSIYA
Rep:
thank youuu

(Original post by yoo9)
yeah the textbook is kinda bad. ive just been going the the specification trying to make sure I understand as many points as possible. the only other resource online ive found is someones notes from the old spec - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4054145
rebeccanaomi
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I found it okay-ish? Liked the 25 marker but wasn't a fan of that question on tidal with the equation. Wbu
(Original post by jacksonapril)
How did everyone find it?
HJABSIYA
Rep:
found it hard but the 25 markers wasn't bad
(Original post by jacksonapril)
How did everyone find it?
Adelee_marie
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I think it went ok, could’ve been much worse. 25 marker was a godsend🤩 surprised ozone depletion didn’t come up, hope the grade boundaries are low though, my maths isn’t great😬
Oscark21
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
That tidal power one was disgusting, didn’t sign up for physics
(Original post by rebeccanaomi)
I found it okay-ish? Liked the 25 marker but wasn't a fan of that question on tidal with the equation. Wbu
rebeccanaomi
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Literally, like I think we had to convert J to MW in that equation which I have no clue how to do
(Original post by Oscark21)
That tidal power one was disgusting, didn’t sign up for physics
HJABSIYA
Rep:
yeah left that one- anyone else?
Literally, like I think we had to convert J to MW in that equation which I have no clue how to do
HJABSIYA
Rep:
does anyone remember how the carbon cycle 9 mark question was phrased?
Was it to protect the cycle or how humans are affecting the cycle?
rebeccanaomi
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Was that the one about using the carbon cycle in the circular economy to make human activities more sustainable?
does anyone remember how the carbon cycle 9 mark question was phrased?
Was it to protect the cycle or how humans are affecting the cycle?
HJABSIYA
Rep:
yes that's right- what points did you put down for that/ whats the answer?
Was that the one about using the carbon cycle in the circular economy to make human activities more sustainable?
HJABSIYA
Rep:
whats everyone predicting/hoping to come up in the exam?
Adelee_marie
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
A 25 marker on the environmental impacts of fishing and how they can be reduced would be alright
whats everyone predicting/hoping to come up in the exam?
Gek
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I would love a 25 marker on environmental impacts of aquaculture compared to agriculture
Gek
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Maybe one on how abiotic factors affect agriculture and how it can be influenced by humans
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (30)
7.01%
October 2021 (196)
45.79%
November 2021 (44)
10.28%
December 2021 (57)
13.32%
January 2021 (47)
10.98%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (40)
9.35%