Farthings Court, Parkwood Houses @ University of Kent

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Anyone living in farthings court during this coming autumn or has lived there before? I’m an international student from California wondering about what the community is like!
steff.jh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'll be living in Farthings in September too! Which house are you going to be in?I'm in house 3
StudentRep Medway
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there!
Congratulations on your offer to study at Kent Although I didn't live in Parkwood accommodation during my first year, Parkwood is an excellent accommodation for its sense of community and social aspects. A lot of students have also been talking about their accommodation places on the official freshers Facebook page for the University of Kent, here is the link so hopefully you can find some more people who you might be living near/with in September
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KentFreshers19/
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anyone living in farthings court during this coming autumn or has lived there before? I’m an international student from California wondering about what the community is like!
samuel303
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi There!

I lived in Farthings Court for my First Year (which i've just finished!) so I'll give you my view on it

The houses themselves are pretty great, farthings just got refurbished last year so they look much nicer than some other courts, its also the closest court near to stuff like the sports centre and Stacey building as opposed to some of the other courts (Grimshill for example) which are a little bit longer for a walk.

You live pretty closeby to essentials and laundry too, both roughly a 5 minute walk from your house! (dont go to essentials too often though! youll spend more than you think!)

If your into nightlife, then ParkWood would be the place to be, Woodys (the local bar in park wood) is great for some social interaction, never ate from there myself but the atmosphere can be good.

Anything else you'd like to know do leave a reply ^^
Anonymous #1
I believe I’m in house 6! Do you have Instagram??
(Original post by steff.jh)
I'll be living in Farthings in September too! Which house are you going to be in?I'm in house 3
steff.jh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yep Steff.jh on there too
Anonymous #1
Thanks so much for the review!!
(Original post by samuel303)
Hi There!

I lived in Farthings Court for my First Year (which i've just finished!) so I'll give you my view on it

The houses themselves are pretty great, farthings just got refurbished last year so they look much nicer than some other courts, its also the closest court near to stuff like the sports centre and Stacey building as opposed to some of the other courts (Grimshill for example) which are a little bit longer for a walk.

You live pretty closeby to essentials and laundry too, both roughly a 5 minute walk from your house! (dont go to essentials too often though! youll spend more than you think!)

If your into nightlife, then ParkWood would be the place to be, Woodys (the local bar in park wood) is great for some social interaction, never ate from there myself but the atmosphere can be good.

Anything else you'd like to know do leave a reply ^^
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Anyone living in Lypeatt court??
Serenax
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by steff.jh)
Yep Steff.jh on there too
OMG I'm in house 30. I'll add you 🎉
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads